(Logic Pro 10.7.2) CLICKS / POPS immediately after playing and selecting between channels! (iMac Pro)

seq998

Hi guys!

Logic clicks when starting the playback and after that, selecting other channels.

note that all 3 channels are all in a summing stack. Only stock quick sampler added on all 3 channels.

I have uploaded the video here so you can see:

I tried reinstalling logic, deleting preferences, etc. Still same clicks and pops when selecting between the channels.

Any advice?

iMac Pro, macos big sur 11.6.1

thanks

Edited by seq998

Hi guys!

Logic clicks when starting the playback and after that, selecting other channels.

note that all 3 channels are all in a summing stack. Only stock quick sampler added on all 3 channels.

I have uploaded the video here so you can see:

I tried reinstalling logic, deleting preferences, etc. Still same clicks and pops when selecting between the channels.

Any advice?

iMac Pro, macos big sur 11.6.1

thanks

Note: I have installed yesterday the macos Big Sur 11.6.1 from scratch, brand new version, formatted machine and now the Logic Pro 10.7.2 update and same bugs still happening!

Seems to happen only once after starting playback, right (i.e., will not happen if you leave playback running and keep changing tracks)? I can not reproduce the clicks here, but sometimes Logic only plays part of a note after I changed tracks. Also only once after starting playback. Edited by polanoid

Seems to happen only once after starting playback, right (i.e., will not happen if you leave playback running and keep changing tracks)? I can not reproduce the clicks here, but sometimes Logic only play part of a note after I changed tracks. Also only once after starting playback.

Yes, after starting playback and sometimes when selecting/changing between tracks even playback was started 20-30 seconds ago.

Do you also have the laggy midi looping like here?

Many thanks for helping!

What happens if you change "Multithreading" from "Playback & Live Tracks" to "Playback Tracks" in the Audio Preferences?

Same clicks & pops, even more when I stop the playback.

The issue I mentioned does not happen anymore when I switch to "Playback Tracks". So, probably something different (it also sounds different than yours).

You mentioned you reinstalled the complete OS - maybe Spotlight is still indexing the hard drive(s) in the background, making the whole machine laggy?

No. I had these problems before and this is the reason I have reinstalled the os from scratch, to test. I’ll be restoring my time machine today as I now clearly see Logic is the reason. Buggy updates again.

Uncle Freddie said:
@seq998

Could you post your logicx file here so I can try it? I am using an iMac Pro as well. Thanks.

After playing, immediately select another track and it will click/pop.

Also please check if you have laggy midi looping like in this vid:

Just to be sure we're on the same side:

iMac Pro - macos Big Sur 11.6.1, Logic Pro 10.7.2

3.2 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W

32 GB 2666 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro Vega 56 8 GB

1TB SSD

Many thanks for helping!!!

seq998 said:
Uncle Freddie said:
@seq998

Could you post your logicx file here so I can try it? I am using an iMac Pro as well. Thanks.

32 GB 2666 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro Vega 56 8 GB

1TB SSD

Tried it here on iMac Pro and I confirm I have the clicks & pops & midi loop laggy too.

Tried also on my Macbook and I confirm I have the clicks & pops but the midi looping lag, no.

Both machines on big sur 11.6.1 and LP 10.7.2. I will report the bugs right now.

Seems to happen only once after starting playback, right (i.e., will not happen if you leave playback running and keep changing tracks)? I can not reproduce the clicks here, but sometimes Logic only play part of a note after I changed tracks. Also only once after starting playback.

Yes, after starting playback and sometimes when selecting/changing between tracks even playback was started 20-30 seconds ago.

Do you also have the laggy midi looping like here?

Many thanks for helping!

Hello! I have found out that for the LAGGY midi looping bug if I change the iMac Pro Display Settings -> Resolution to -> Scaled -> Larger Text the LAGGY midi looping bug disappear.

NOTE: I will have the Clicks & Pops when playing and switching between the channels. I will report that to Apple, maybe it helps fixing it.

@seq998

Here it is: https://easyupload.io/hiifos

32 GB 2666 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro Vega 56 8 GB

1TB SSD

Indeed with your project I'm getting the same clicks (even after disabling the kinda extreme EQ on the kick track). That should help filing a good bug report! Thanks for uploading!

Seems to happen when Logic switches a track into Live Mode (i.e., the mode in which you can play the track's instrument without large latency). Once I record enable all three sampler tracks in your example project before starting playback (since 10.7.0 Logic engages Live Mode for all record enabled tracks due to the MIDI multitrack recording addition) the issue doesn't happen anymore (at least not here on my machine).

The "laggy looping" issue also doesn't occur on my second machine, so I don't see it on

1) 2019 MacBook Pro 16'' with Monterey and 10.7.2

2) 2019 iMac 27'' with BigSur and 10.7.2

I have found out that for the LAGGY midi looping bug if I change the iMac Pro Display Settings -> Resolution to -> Scaled -> Larger Text the LAGGY midi looping bug disappear.

NOTE: I will have the Clicks & Pops when playing and switching between the channels. I will report that to Apple, maybe it helps fixing it.

Seems to happen when Logic switches a track into Live Mode (i.e., the mode in which you can play the track's instrument without large latency). Once I record enable all three sampler tracks in your example project before starting playback (since 10.7.0 Logic engages Live Mode for all record enabled tracks due to the MIDI multitrack recording addition) the issue doesn't happen anymore (at least not here on my machine).

That is correct, thank you! I have activated record enable for all the tracks and the bug doesn’t happen anymore. What can I do? Should I always record enable all the tracks? How can I work?

Thank you very much for helping!!!

The "laggy looping" issue also doesn't occur on my second machine, so I don't see it on

1) 2019 MacBook Pro 16'' with Monterey and 10.7.2

2) 2019 iMac 27'' with BigSur and 10.7.2

I have found out that for the LAGGY midi looping bug if I change the iMac Pro Display Settings -> Resolution to -> Scaled -> Larger Text the LAGGY midi looping bug disappear.

Never happens here, regardless of which resolution I choose

What can I do? Should I always record enable all the tracks? How can I work?

1) Should you always record enable all the tracks? Probably no, because then you would also record on all of them, once you start record.

2) How can you work? My advice would be to live with the problem if possible, until the bug is fixed, after all it happens only once after starting playback. Not much more you can do I guess.

What can I do? Should I always record enable all the tracks? How can I work?

1) Should you always record enable all the tracks? Probably no, because then you would also record on all of them, once you start record.

2) How can you work? My advice would be to live with the problem if possible, until the bug is fixed, after all it happens only once after starting playback. Not much more you can do I guess.

Well, for me in larger projects with 3-4 summing track stacks this happens almost every time I select other tracks. It's impossible to work like this.

Anyway thank you so much for helping!

Respect,

Happy Holidays!!!

Here it is: https://easyupload.io/hiifos

32 GB 2666 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro Vega 56 8 GB

1TB SSD

Indeed with your project I'm getting the same clicks (even after disabling the kinda extreme EQ on the kick track). That should help filing a good bug report! Thanks for uploading!

Report it please. Thank you!