How side chain multitimbral instruments?

my sine is fine
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

Hello!

For example I use a NI Battery in multitimbral and have kick in 1 midi channel, snare on 2 midi channel and hihat on 3 midi channel.

I want my hi hat was triggered by kick, but when I put a logic compressor on it, it doesn't show Battery's 2 and 3 channels, it shows only main Battery instrument as a sidechain input.

Could you please say how should I figure it out?

Found an answer

If your kick drum is an audio region on an audio track then that audio track would be available from the side chain menu.

If your kick drum is a MIDI region on a software instrument track then you need to send it to a bus. Then delete the Aux Logic automatically creates for that bus. The bus will be available from the side chain menu.

Source: how do i sidechain my compressor from an aux? (SOLVED)

• Solution
In your case the problem is that you have multiple MIDI tracks all triggering the same software instrument, so only one audio signal (the whole drum kit) is produced. What you would need to do is to duplicate the MIDI regions that are triggering the hi-hat in Battery on another track that triggers something neutral like a Drum Synth plug-in and then use that as the source of your external sidechain on the plug-in.