Remove Unitor 8 connected Instruments from old projects

Creature

Some old projects got a lot of external midi multi-instruments connected to the Unitor 8 which i don't use anymore.

Every time i open an old project in Logic X, i got that missing Unitor 8 connected instruments pop-up.

How to remove that Unitor 8 in those projects?

When opening such projects,...

Screenshot-2021-12-07-at-16-27-31.png

When trying to change any midi setting in the prefs,...

Screenshot-2021-12-07-at-16-30-44.png

Or when adjust the Instrument's midi port by reassign track,...

Screenshot-2021-12-07-at-16-45-31.png

Anyway, anyhow,...it's still there...

Screenshot-2021-12-07-at-16-49-35.png

Any ideas? Thanx!

You have environment objects (called "JD 800", "Virus" etc), with their assignments set to those non-existant MIDI ports. In the environment window, find those objects, and change their MIDI port assignments, then resave the project.

(Reassigning a track just uses different environment objects, it doesn't delete the ones that are already created.)

A friend told me the same thing, but i didn't see anything when open environment. Only that Logic 7 mixer.

Duuuuuh,..i'm so stupid, 20 years of Logic and i missed this,....Change the freakin Layer to "All Object" and there's the GM multi-instrument which was the Unitor 8, Ha! Your reaction made me look with both eyes, lol

Thanx M8!

Screenshot-2021-12-08-at-13-26-25.png

Nah, i just had to get rid of the GM multi/unitor pop-up at the start-up as i don't use external instruments anymore. Years ago i used Logic only with midi, with external instruments only. Akai S3200 XL, JV2080 etc hooked to a Mackie d8b recording on DAT, lol. Still got that JD800 under my bed cause many keys malfunction.

Aaah, yeah of course. I opened it one time try to fix it myself. I've send it to Roland Belgium one time to fix,...got it back pretty damaged,...they didn't packet it propper, so both plastic sides (left/right) were cracked during transport and had no spare parts for that. Didn't had to pay the keys repair, but after 6 months or so, keys start dropping out again or lost their velocity, what a bummer!