Double volume after changing tempo logic

Hexenhaus
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

Hello

Has anyone else experienced Logic Pro 10.7.1 or lower, doubling the volume of a section on the timeline post a tempo change mid song?

It's just the first 2 bars after the temp change. Then it goes back to normal level. I've checked all the automation, nothing is showing a reason as to why this is happening.

Feels like a glitch

I'm on a mac Mini M1

I would start by having a look at the meters, try to determine which tracks go up in volume.

Hi David, thanks for getting back to me. I'll give you a better picture on this. I imported a mix that was complete. I've added a tempo change to the project as to match the track bpm half way through as I'm adding drums to this song. No mater what track I pick to add new sounds to (post temp change) the volume increases. Except for the original mix track. I've even tried cloning the mix track and adding the drums to that but it doubles in volume again.

• Solution

OK. Are the audio tracks flexed or are you using Apple Loops? Do you see the volume increase on the channel strip meters?

Sometime, changing the playback tempo of Apple Loops or audio tracks in Flex Mode can result in a change in volume. If that's what you're experiencing then that's the nature of the beats, your best bet is to automate the volume at those points to go back to the desired volume.