Faderport 16

cocoroman

Hi Atlas007, I have found control surface file and THX. Today, I became a new replacement of "Faderport 16". It is still same problem. I'm start to thinking, maybe it is LPX which makes an Automation files like this. I've open it today, it is exactly same problem? I'll try to send you a screenshot maybe you see better. Instead of One MCU and 1 extender, there are 4 of them..? Thanks for the reply.

883763127_Screenshot2021-12-13at22_30_44.thumb.png.8ed8335fcba40b407c1dbaa049d0b4a5.png

According to your screen capture, it seems that you have 5 instances of MIDI controllers installed.

The one that is selected is named "Trinity".

Are you using a Korg Trinity?

If applicable, you might consider using same as a Smart controller as described in this (excellent Eli's) video tutorial:

BTW, how many MIDI controller(s) are you actually using?

If Faderport 16 is the only control surface that you are actually using, I suggest that you start from scratch, using the following steps:

1. Disconnect Faderport 16
  2. In the Control Surface Setup window, delete each and every of those icons (click on each icon to select, then press on your Mac's Delete key)
    112263614_Capturedcran2021-12-13220336.jpg.fa04cc8e3240c5ae826c3b4f39ce2e85.jpg
  3. Once all those icons deleted, open the Controller Assignment window (in Expert view), and delete all the assignments entries (zones, modes and assignments)
  4. Once all the assignments deleted, quit Logic and reboot your Mac
  5. Once your Mac's reboot completed, delete the control surface pref file (com.apple.logic.pro.cs), which is normally located in:
    • ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.logic.pro.cs

[*] Restart Logic and open the Control Surface Setup window to monitor the Faderport 16 installation

[*] Reconnect and turn on your Faderport 16

If everything was done properly, there should be one instance of Faderport getting automatically installed in the Control Surface Setup window (normally as an MCU Pro) and the Controller Assignment window (in Expert view) should get populated with the appropriate default preprogrammed Faderport assignments.

Alternately, it may be required to follow the manual installation steps described here.

OTOH, if many installations occur automatically (your Control Surface Setup window getting populated with many icons) you might consider there be a connection problem (possibly a faulty cable). Each disconnection and reconnection causing a new automatic installation.

From now on, I suggest that you make sure to connect to your Mac and turn on your Faderport before launching Logic and turn off and/or disconnect it (if so you wish) only once Logic has quit.

Here is another Faderport LPH's topic that you could also find useful.