How to Flex Region with Multiple Tempo Events

ToolsampKeys

I'm still often confused by how Smart Tempo and Flex work together. In this case, I take a pre-recorded stereo file that's been imported into a new Logic project, and use Smart Tempo to build the project tempo to match, adjusting time signature as needed for the track. Since the audio wasn't built with a fixed click track, the result is multiple tempo events. Now, I'd like to Flex the entire region to adjust the overall tempo, in many cases only temporarily. But when I enable Flex and try to simply drag the project tempo, i get the pop up "Multiple Tempo Event's Detected! Use the Tempo Track for further tempo editing." I get that the current project tempo is only representing the tempo at the playhead, but I'm thinking there must be a way to proportionally adjust the entire tempo track via Flex, preserving the relationships between the multiple tempo tracks. Is that possible? It may be I just haven't figured out the correct settings of Flex or Smart Tempo to allow this.

Thanks everyone!