MP3 Copyright Tag not visible in the exported files

reachvargas83

I am adding tags while exporting an MP3 in Logic, such as album name, artist name, composer, tempo/bpm and "copyright". In the exported files, when I view the details, I do not see the copyright label though. Am I missing anything obvious? I have seen in Macbook, Windows, VLC Media layer info tab, MP3Tag.de utility and so on... all tags are visible except for copyright and that scares me as I have sent out the files. I do no want a copyright registration but wanted to add a simple line during export as a basic step. Any advice?

This is pretty much like believing that the "I am over 18, I swear"-button really keeps anyone off of adult sites.

Good point. I understand/accept. I just want the tag to be visible in the e-mail I sent out with the MP3 files as the "basic" firt step. Does anyone know why Logic Pro MP3 export tag for Copyright not visible in details. I opened the file in several players and tag explorers as indicated.

This is a "real" question, Fuzz, because of the "copyright notice" requirements of the various laws. It seems to me, though, that surely it has to be there someplace, because I can't imagine why it wouldn't. It makes no sense at all for one of them to be missing – least of all this one.

I would definitely make sure to "mind my P's and Q's" concerning anything that I intended to sell. You do it all on-line these days, for about $35. It's like having a title certificate for your car: legal proof that you [say that you] have the right to sell it.

This is very problematic. There is a column/tag for Copyright while bouncing a Logic project as an M3 but that is not visible in info tab of the file, in any player, or the so called MP3 tag explorers. I am surprised. Well, I know this is not a true copyright but it is good to have line in there when you are sending audio files. Anyone?

This is very problematic. There is a column/tag for Copyright while bouncing a Logic project as an M3 but that is not visible in info tab of the file, in any player, or the so called MP3 tag explorers. I am surprised. Well, I know this is not a true copyright but it is good to have line in there when you are sending audio files. Anyone?

I don't have the answer, but I can verify that indeed adding a date and name to the Copyright field in the ID3 tags in Logic does not reveal that field for example when opening the audio file in Audacity and viewing the file's metadata.

I'll try to inquire further on this.

ID3-Logic.png.7c335142da16b86aab8013cd97fc3f9b.png

ID3 tags in Logic

ID3-Audacity.png.10776a455d306649ec07979e3aaa46f8.png

ID3 tags in Audacity

• 3 weeks later...

No luck. I added the line "2021 @ Company Name." as a comment. I know we are not talking about big things like digital rights etc but isn't packaging metadata not so important?

I don't have the answer, but I can verify that indeed adding a date and name to the Copyright field in the ID3 tags in Logic does not reveal that field for example when opening the audio file in Audacity and viewing the file's metadata.

I'll try to inquire further on this.