can't get the correct drop down menu in drum machine [SOLVED]

KeithJames
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

In all of my 15 song projects if drums were involved I had manually created my own drum tracks. It was a lot of work but they came out very well. But now I am venturing into Drum Machine and I'm stuck at the earliest place with I'm sure a very easy solve, but I can't figure it out. On the tutorials on youtube they say "right click" to get drop down menu to create a pattern. When I right click I do not get this menu and there is no "create pattern" option. See pictures. One shows what I'm expecting, the small drop down with create a pattern option and second picture shows the long menu that i actually get. Right clicking, as I understand it is just holding the control button while clicking.

Thanks, KeithJames

58415696_ScreenShot2021-12-09at2_46_50AM.png.582d6c4415e860ba52b0ff07836c441d.png

Drop down menu with create pattern option

347344256_ScreenShot2021-12-09at2_47_09AM.png.1669a37ad4a2361f3339cb2184e68499.png

The drop down menu I get without create pattern option

Okay, it is always so painful to start a new skill in Logic. But here's the next simple question: In the pad display, I went to play the sound of a couple pads. The first two in the picture. I happened to click on the M and S which I assume means mute and solo and which also made my entire track sections light up in different ways which I found disturbing because I could not process that...but first more important: AFTER I have clicked on M or S on a pad I find no way to escape from either M or S being highlighted. How do you get OFF of the Mute or Solo status on a pad once you have clicked on either?????

303325218_ScreenShot2021-12-10at2_19_40AM.thumb.png.9b51b81fa076c02ffd04d06c586411fc.png

first two pads are stuck on either M or S. How do I escape.

Okay, it is always so painful to start a new skill in Logic. But here's the next simple question: In the pad display, I went to play the sound of a couple pads. The first two in the picture. I happened to click on the M and S which I assume means mute and solo and which also made my entire track sections light up in different ways which I found disturbing because I could not process that...but first more important: AFTER I have clicked on M or S on a pad I find no way to escape from either M or S being highlighted. How do you get OFF of the Mute or Solo status on a pad once you have clicked on either?????

M or S do indeed solo a single drum kit piece in DMD. They are toggles: click them to enable them, click them again to disable them.

I don't know what was going on but I was so frustrated because I could not untoggle the S and M. If both were untoggled then the sample wouldn't sound, it would only play if I had S(olo) toggled on and M(ute) off; with both off it would not play. So I shut it down and didn't save. Now today, I'm able to toggle on and untoggle both and the sample is audible properly. I don't know what was going on or what I was doing wrong or overlooking, but it's fine now. Thanks David.

Always appreciate yours and this site’s help which without I could not have accomplished my projects! I am still reeling from moving to a new house which needs a lot of work I only spend less than an hour in the music studio still which is very frustrating, but I’ll get this turned around, and I do have a current project that I’m working on slowly. Thanks again.

What might be confusing is the use of solo which will mute the other pads.

Using solo or mute at the track level could make it even more confusing (without mentioning the Solo mode).

All that aside possible software glitches that could occur occasionally or in worst case a project/template corruption.

Frustrating indeed! But I guess that’s the price to pay when using sofisticated software such as Logic…