Logic 10.7.2 is out!

Glenn L.

Save a copy of your current Logic version, before updating it, so if something goes funky, you can continue to work with the previous version - this is oft-repeated advice here (and elsewhere) for years.

I can't really deduce much from what you've posted on the issue here so far, but if you want to investigate, start a thread so we can try to find out what's going on here, whether this is a bug that needs to be reported, or has some other cause...

Thank you for the advice. I had honestly never thought to rename my old version before updating. The first piece of great info I gleaned from this forum. I see that it would be possible to post pics, so perhaps I can screen shot a before and after of how the files changed. I’m also fine submitting one of my files.

I use Superior Drummer for samples. The drum track looked like every other MIDI track, until the update. After that, the track name changed, and the track was an orange-ish color, with what looked more like audio waveforms. Worst of all? They were not anywhere near the proper location in the song, and didn’t play any sound - drums, sine waves, nothing.

Our choir director has the patience of a gnat, so 15 minutes, and he was done. One of the biggest tracking scores of my life, tossed out for good. Lessons learned, however. :-)

I’d venture that Superior Drummer was not compatible with the new Logic version.

According to your description, the new track that replaced Superior Drummer’s one seems to be a Drummer track. I think that happen Logic tried to compensate that incompatibility.

It is indeed not a good idea to change something important in a setup during the course of serious project, it would be the equivalent of trying a new riff during a concert… That is playing russian roulette…

Atlas, thanks for that tip. However, it doesn’t explain audio and other software instrument tracks resetting levels to 0dB on every track. I’m not using an M1, not updating to Monterey, or Logic 10.2.x from this point forward. There’s too much to lose trying to stay “current”.

actually, you're having an issue, which is not, by default, a reflection of 'trying to stay current'. and it's ok, you're not obligated to move forward. but, if you look thru posts on this forum, you'll see that people on every OS, and every version of logic have issues. so you get to choose: get help with a new issue, or stay with what's working, and get on with it. nice, at least, to have options...

thanks for the tips and suggestions, but unfortunately it didn't work :/

The problem persists with crashing the use of trackpad

Let's make sure you start a new thread for your topic, and post about one issue only once and only in one place so that we can focus our efforts to troubleshoot that issue together.

Perfect, I opened my thread in the errors section. Much obliged! I apologize for the inconvenience. Despair gripped me.

Been a few updates lately, first they changed the colour of the activated mute button so I, as a colourblind person, no longer could see if it's activated or not on highlighted channels. I did however send a support note to Apple and a few weeks later a new update came out and that was now fixed. Hurray! However, just updated to the latest version available in the App Store and new issue occurs. It takes forever to load plugins and moving plugins around in the channel strip gets the spinning beachball... A bit annoying. Anyone else experience this?

Been a few updates lately, first they changed the colour of the activated mute button so I, as a colourblind person, no longer could see if it's activated or not on highlighted channels. I did however send a support note to Apple and a few weeks later a new update came out and that was now fixed. Hurray! However, just updated to the latest version available in the App Store and new issue occurs. It takes forever to load plugins and moving plugins around in the channel strip gets the spinning beachball... A bit annoying. Anyone else experience this?

I think I solved it... I bypassed all the plugins and then activated them again and have been working fine for a little while now...

I have had an issue since 10.7 came out. I've gotten the 10.7.2 now, Logic seems to stop responding to start, stop and just gets stuck as if you had a 2 beat cycle on, it doesn't show that in the ruler... I haven't change default template or anything that I know of. It does it on older songs and while trying to record. Seems to be random. I have to close logic and restart it

to stop the cycling. Does anyone have a tip where I should start looking for the solution?

I have had an issue since 10.7 came out. I've gotten the 10.7.2 now, Logic seems to stop responding to start, stop and just gets stuck as if you had a 2 beat cycle on, it doesn't show that in the ruler... I haven't change default template or anything that I know of. It does it on older songs and while trying to record. Seems to be random. I have to close logic and restart it

to stop the cycling. Does anyone have a tip where I should start looking for the solution?

I recommend you start by creating a new topic for your issue so that we can focus on troubleshooting that with you in its own thread rather than in this more general topic about the Logic 10.7.2 release.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone managed to drag a CST file from the finder to a channel strip header?

It is now possible to load a channel strip CST file by dragging it from the Finder to the channel strip header.

I've tried dragging all types of CST files to locations all over the channel strip but can never get it to work.

Yup, I tried the same here. Thanks David.

You're welcome.

I'm just curious, why are you interested in that workflow? I've stopped using cst files years ago, and now deal exclusively with patches that I save and reload from the Library, I find it much easier that way. Whenever I need to share patches I load them into a Logic project file and share the Logic project file.

I was interested in seeing if I could drag a cst file complete with instrument and MIDI/audio effects from the finder.

Then if that worked, I was going to see if I could add the cst folder as a favourite in the Logic browser, so I could drag and drop instrument presets into a project - similar to the way Studio One works.

I currently use patches too but was interested in the drag and drop approach as I like that workflow in Studio One.