Possible bug? Brush Tool as Left Click (Main) tool doesn't play nice with 3rd tool and Magic Trackpad

anp27

Can someone please test this out? Enable 3rd tool, set the main left click tool to the Brush Tool and the secondary (right click) tool to the Mute tool. I use a Magic Trackpad and I've set Secondary Click to Tap with 2 Fingers. When I select a note or a group of notes and right click to Mute those notes, sometimes Logic stops responding altogether. Other times Logic draws random strange notes. Sometimes the Mute Tool works as expected for a time and then stops working, Logic will freeze up for a few moments and then go back to working.

If I have the main Left Click tool set to anything else besides the Brush Tool, the Pointer or Pencil tool for example, everything works as expected. It's only when the main tool is set to the Brush Tool that I experience these problems.

I also tested this out with a regular mouse instead of my Trackpad and again, everything works as expected.

Can anyone else verify whether it's just me or not? I tested this out on both Logic 10.6.3 (with Catalina 10.15.7) and Logic 10.7.2 (with Monterey 12.0.1).

Would appreciate any help, thanks in advance.