Logic 10.7.2 + VePro 7 = MIDI Timeout issues (partly resolved)

ptadamczyk

Hi dear Logic users!

For the last two weeks I had problems with Logic and VePro. I'm running Logic on Mac Book Pro 16' (2019 model, Big Sur 11.6, i9 processor, 64 GB of RAM) and I'm connecting via ethernet to a PC hosting Vienna Ensemble Pro. I kept getting MIDI timeout issues and couldn't figure out what was causing it. I reinstalled the system on my Mac twice and did the same thing for the PC. All drivers were up to date, I even reinstalled/updated every single driver I thought could be problematic. Nothing worked.

I then realized that for some reason, in Privacy setting "Control access to input monitoring" is not allowed for VePro. And the weird thing, I can't permit VePro to have control over that (I'm adding a photo to illustrate that - the menu it's in polish, but I think you'll get the idea). I try to tick the box, but I simply can't do it. The work around I found is: I can add the AU3 version of the plugin and then in my template I can change the old AU plugin to the AU3 version. It's not a great solution, because I have to do some "mousing and clicking" before playing back older sessions.

Maybe someone here had similar issue with giving access to the AU plugin?

348069613_Zrzutekranu2021-12-20o18_54_25.thumb.png.3a1f3dd0b190decf79829d8f0d2efc64.png