Trackpad crashing in Logic 10.7.2 [Macbook M1]

felipenove

I recently purchased a Macbook Pro M1 and purchased Apple's App Bundle which includes Logic Pro X [10.7.2] and Final Cut. I've been using Logic in my productions since 2012 and I've never had any problems, as I've been using version 10.4.0 for years. However, everything has changed with this new version: The [integrated] trackpad locks up and it's impossible to do any command on it, like scroll the screen, increase volume and access any feature using the "mouse". I believe this is a Logic error, as I have not had a problem with any other application so far. In my searches I didn't see similar reports. Has anyone else gone through or is going through something similar? The problem occurs in both Big Sur and Monterey.

try changing some of the trackpad settings (in system preferences), ie: click, and tracking speed. reboot. see if anything changes. i know you said it happens only in logic, but worth trying...

Unfortunately I've done all sorts of configuration and the problem persists. I am trying to contact Apple but without success yet.

no one else is reporting this (have you googled the issue?)... you might get a (cheap?) mouse, see how it behaves in logic. or maybe someone smarter than me (that's at least 5 people) will have some ideas, about logic preferences, perhaps.

you could try setting up a test admin account, open logic there, see if the problem persists...

no one else is reporting this (have you googled the issue?)... you might get a (cheap?) mouse, see how it behaves in logic. or maybe someone smarter than me (that's at least 5 people) will have some ideas, about logic preferences, perhaps.

you could try setting up a test admin account, open logic there, see if the problem persists...

I did some research and didn't see anyone going through anything like that. I opened a protocol at Apple Care Brazil, but without a solution yet. Thanks for all the help.

• 5 months later...

I have the same issue – from time to time, the trackpad locks itself, but only for zooming into the notes. I have to go to preferences, turn zoom on and off, and maybe it comes back – it's a shot in the dark, it eventually works again, but it will stop working at the worst possible time, when you're busy editing and composing. It might be a conflict within the command preferences dialogue, but that's quite an oversight. Before I upgraded to Monterey, it would never happen. Now, every 10 minutes or so, I have to open and close windows, be bothered in the flow of my work, because of this annoying glitch which, let's be honest, should never ever happen with a program such as Logic on its native operating system. On another front, it's pretty amazing that apple cannot include more articulations on its stock instruments... the flute and clarinet have either legato or staccato and nothing else... maybe it's too difficult for Apple to update the parts that need updating – they are so poor... amazing. 

Edited by Rod