"Export as MIDI File" function seems to be malfunctioning

kellyd617

When I export a MIDI region from a project that I'm working on it doesn't export properly as shown in the image attached. When I import the MIDI region that I exported back into my project to make sure everything got exported ok, the beginning of the file is missing and a load of notes are just bunched up at the beginning of the file. Also, when import the exported region back into my project it seems to put all the other tracks out of sync or is messing up the tempo or something I'm not sure.

In the picture, the first track is the MIDI region I exported. The second (bottom) track is the exported MIDI region imported back into my project. As you can see it is completely different to the original. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? I just want to export my MIDI regions exactly as they were oringinally! Any help on this would be much appreciated as I'm trying to get this project finished soon! Thanks.

1261210280_MIDIexporterror.thumb.png.1c09c1eebce174bcd946805e754195d6.png

Update: It seems that when I use the join function to join multiple MIDI regions together and then export the resulting region, the first few bars of this region get cut off when I import it back into the project. I've tried this on a couple of projects and the amount that cuts off the beginning of the region varies. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

It's probably because you moved the project start marker away from 1.1.1.1. There are many threads here on the forum reporting weird behavior in Logic when doing that. Try move it back to 1.1.1.1 and see if it works as it should then ?

Thanks a lot that solved it! Any idea if certain versions of Logic affect this at all? I'm running Catlina at the moment so I don't have Logic updated to the newest version.

Unfortunately, it looks like your solution has solved the case on one of my projects but not the other. When I try to export the MIDI, the first 11 and a bit bars are cut off when I reimport the MIDI to the session and it changes the project tempo from 120 to 130 and messes with the transposition section as shown in the images.

I have 2 bass midi regions I'm trying to export, in the case of the second one random notes seem to be getting added in as shown in the picture. Any further ideas? I have the project beginning at bar 1 as suggested. (The original, exported MIDI are the purple regions and the MIDI I've reimported into my project are the green regions).

1407945008_MIDIbass1exporterror.thumb.png.58bdee4c9bbf24051c4766e899cce80d.png

1590173892_MIDIbass2exporterror.thumb.png.1bd707d3cb2141bcaaaa7af3c4e1eded.png

1416976254_Tempoandtranpositionmidierror.thumb.png.28bc6e5e62308a82fe3d34cdcd7c91a4.png

• 2 weeks later...
Unfortunately, it looks like your solution has solved the case on one of my projects but not the other. When I try to export the MIDI, the first 11 and a bit bars are cut off when I reimport the MIDI to the session and it changes the project tempo from 120 to 130 and messes with the transposition section as shown in the images.

I have 2 bass midi regions I'm trying to export, in the case of the second one random notes seem to be getting added in as shown in the picture. Any further ideas? I have the project beginning at bar 1 as suggested. (The original, exported MIDI are the purple regions and the MIDI I've reimported into my project are the green regions).

Does anybody have any idea about this? Thanks in advance