Nord Electro 6D Rotary CC is not triggering Logic Vintage B3

Jakeybaby

I have a new Nord Electro 6D as a controller keyboard for Logic. I'm using the Vintage B3 plugin in Logic and I've chosen the Nord Electro setup as the HARDWARE CONTROLLER in the Expert setup inside the Vintage B3 plugin. But the rotary button on the Nord is not triggering the rotary in the plugin. The drawbars are working properly, but not the rotary. I've searched multiple ways and just cannot find the way to get it to work. It seems so basic to reassign what's triggering the rotary in the plugin - but not yet for me! I do not see user programmable options in the Vintage B3 plugin. The Nord rotary button sends out CC# 108. But that is not an option inside the plugin under the expert section. I really need to be able to play this thing like the real deal. And it's a no go without having the Leslie turning off and on at the right time while tracking a performance. Sure I could go back in and program the Leslie on and off post performance - but that would be an unpleasant work around when trying to really play and respond to the track. I look forward to the obvious answer that is lurking in the shadows only 1 click away. But I cannot figure it out. Thanks in advance for any assistance on this one!

The leslie settings are located in the Rotor Cabinet tab (toggle button) of the Vintage B3 plugin, under the Motor section.

The available choices (in the Speed MIDI Control) don't include CC#108. The CC#18 or 19 are available, besides the sustain (CC64) and modwheel (CC1), in different operation modes.

The modwheel option however doesn't seem to work (at least over here).

If you really need to use the CC#108, you might consider converting same on the fly via the Transform function in the Environment or use a Modifier MIDI Fx plugin.

• 9 months later...

Could it be something as simple as being in split mode on the Electro?  I had the same issue as described here and discovered (on my Electro 5D) that when KB Split mode is enabled, the drawbars and rotary controls don't function.  Switching back to whole keyboard mode allows me to address Vintage B3's full functionality.  My guess is that the plug-in is optimised for Electro 2 and hasn't been updated for later models.  Hope this is of some use.  Mike