Midi Controller Mapping

Louis_francis

Yes, that's possible. Let's have a look at your assignment: choose Logic Pro > Control Surfaces > Controller Assignment, locate that specific pad assignment you just made, select it and take a screenshot so that we can see all the data in the right column of that window. Now attach that screenshot here: How to attach files to your post

You can edit the Value Change box manually and just type in the values that you need. I have no idea what MIDI messages your controller is sending, so you'll to figure that out by either editing the device with it's editor software and seeing what messages have been assigned to the button you are using, or checking it's manual, or monitoring it's MIDI output using something like Snoize's MIDI Monitor...

I have done this David, and something strange has happened, so when i do this now, it does turn the low cut on but i then have to press another pad for it to be able to turned off, so what happens is, i press the pad to turn it on then press the pad next to it then i press the pad its assigned to, to turn it off, as opposed to just using it to turn on and off, is this what toggle mode means? Also the pad light always comes on now, prior to this it didn't.

Hi!

How about using the midi environment for that

Start to monitor what type of message is sent when you turn on/off the low-cut using a monitor object on your channel.

Once you figured out the message, use a transformer object to replace the initial message by the message sent by your pad.

It's a bit hard to explain, but you could check a cool video where that guy is doing the process for another purpose (actually a cool way to use midi fx called modulator on an audio channel!). But the process will be the same and it should work.

Here is the video:

Hope this help!

Hi!

How about using the midi environment for that

Start to monitor what type of message is sent when you turn on/off the low-cut using a monitor object on your channel.

Once you figured out the message, use a transformer object to replace the initial message by the message sent by your pad.

It's a bit hard to explain, but you could check a cool video where that guy is doing the process for another purpose (actually a cool way to use midi fx called modulator on an audio channel!). But the process will be the same and it should work.

Here is the video:

Hope this help!

Excellent tutorial!

Thanx for sharing!