MIDI volume automation where?

edurbrow

I keep having this problem in multiple projects. The volume will jump back to its original level after I move it, even though there is no volume automation written in the track and no MIDI volume controller data. What is making this happen and, most importantly, where can I find if?

Thanks in advance.

I answered this question in the other forum. Did you read that ?

I apologize. Indeed you did. It somehow didn't "stick" in my old brain. Switch to region automation. It is not obvious. Also, it seems like the automation lines can only be moved up or down but not deleted in the track lane. I discovered I could go into the list view and delete them there. A further question is why is there automation in the first place? Is it because I imported from a notation program (MuseScore)?

Thank you again.

I answered this question in the other forum. Did you read that ?

I apologize. Indeed you did. It somehow didn't "stick" in my old brain.

Generally, when you get a reply on a question, you post back and report if that reply has helped solve the problem or not. Not doing this will eventually make people not bother to reply at all.

Also, it seems like the automation lines can only be moved up or down but not deleted in the track lane.

Sure you can delete any kind of automation. Just click the Trim field in the track header to select the automation curve and press delete on your keyboard, or choose Mix > Delete Automation > (...) and then the appropriate choice.

A further question is why is there automation in the first place? Is it because I imported from a notation program (MuseScore)?

Yes, if MuseScore embeds MIDI Continuous Controller in the MIDI file then that may be what you're seeing inside the region in Logic.

If you want to delete that MIDI CC you can do it in the Tracks area: drag over the nodes to select them and press delete on your keyboard.