"Not enough memory to create object" error

codyvoz

So I know you can use flex time to extract grooves from audio files by using it to slice up the file based on the transients, and then creating a "groove template" in the quantization menu for your selected region. But when I try to do that it says "not enough memory to create object". I have cleared out unnecessary files, searched all over the internet for answers but have come up with nothing. I'm able to create groove templates from MIDI regions but not audio. Has anyone run into this issue? I'm using a 2017 MacBook pro with 8gb of RAM. Logic runs with no issues normally other than this so I'm not sure what to do.

Any help or tips would be appreciated!

And I'd also report any such issue to Apple as a probable bug, as soon as you can isolate it to "the simplest case that shows the problem." I don't think that you should ever be getting a "programmer message" like that. All "memory" in a system like MacOS is "virtual" and capacious – so, as a programmer myself, I'd therefore hazard a guess that the message is misleading and false. That there's actually a programming error lurking somewhere that you can't see.

I don't think that you should ever be getting a "programmer message" like that.

I got this same message using the Detect Silence function, yesterday on a project began in 10.6.3 on my iMac, edited in 10.7.2 on my MBP and opened back in 10.6.3 on my iMac. I don’t remember what I did to get rid of it though… I Probably just closed and reopened the project on the iMac. Kind of “MAlloc’ish” thing.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having this problem too. I have an Apple Loop from which I'm trying to create a groove template.

Once I fixed it by converting to a new audio file, but now that's not working.

When I try to do it, I get a cascade of error dialogs that alternate between "Not enough memory to create object", and "Couldn't create region." I have to click through a bunch of these before I can get back to the main app.

There is only one other groove template in this project, and Activity Monitor shows 35 out of 64 GB or memory used.