"Copy Audio Files Into Project" Doesn't Work Like It Did

AllTheButtons

It used to be that if you had "Copy audio files into project" selected, any audio you dragged into the project would get copied to the Audio Files folder.

But some time recently (maybe 10.6 or 10.7?) this has changed. Now, if an audio file is already somewhere in the Project Folder hierarchy (e.g. in the Bounces folder), it doesn't get moved.

I *think* this has also changed for bouncing and adding to project, and for consolidating the project, but I don't use those functions as often so can't be sure. But it's definitely changed for dragging files in, because dragging files from the Bounces folder is a major part of my workflow.

Does anyone know if this is an intentional change, a bug, or just a setting I've flipped somewhere?

Yes, I've noticed that and other weird behavior, and I haven't been able to determine so far if this is a bug or intentional new behavior. I suppose I should take the time to make a few tests in order to assess how it behaves now.

I don't believe there's any other setting in Logic or your project that can affect that behavior however.

How does it break the session? I don't understand.

I just meant that since this change, if I bounce something (e.g. to make a loop), and drag it into the session, I can’t immediately delete it from the Bounces folder because the session is referencing it there. I used to do this reflexively as part of my workflow.