Incoming MIDI notes are not recorded [SOLVED]

nubie
Go to solution Solved by gacki,

Hello

I am using a Keystep Pro and it's way easier to show in 1:30 min my problem:

EDIT: adding [sOLVED] in the title. Thx to everyone! I spent so much time trying to find a solution before daring to ask here... Lesson learned.

Edited by nubie

You broke the signal flow in the Environment. Incoming events need to go to the Sequencer Input object, which is the input of the currently selected track.

Unfortunately I don't understand your sentence. Obv. I did broke the signal, but I don't know how concretely to solve it, this is why I asked here.

As soon as I did add the sequencer object to the signal path in the MIDI environment, then the channel splitter was not sending to individual channels anymore. This is why I'm stucked and have to ask on a forum.

I can't see any logic in the signal flow of the environment and I'm very disappointed having to ask in a forum how to do something as simple as that. Having a MIDI keyboard sending notes on different MIDI channels should not be complicated but I'm stucked. Already spent 2 hours without success :(

Looks like the 40 years I spent making electronic music is of no use when it comes to simple things I want to do in Logic.

• Solution

Not sure why you're adding the channel splitter at all. You have already assigned different channels to the tracks, right? Go into Project Settings, recording options (not sure how this is called in different localizations). Activate the checkbox that says "split multi track recordings according to event channel" (again, not sure about the localization; but it probably will be obvious).

Record-arm the tracks and everything should work as you intended.

Thanx to everyone for helping. I really appreciate. It works now.

Not sure why you're adding the channel splitter at all. You have already assigned different channels to the tracks, right? Go into Project Settings, recording options (not sure how this is called in different localizations). Activate the checkbox that says "split multi track recordings according to event channel" (again, not sure about the localization; but it probably will be obvious).

Record-arm the tracks and everything should work as you intended.

I found the parameter you mentionned that was well hidden. I had to go to prefs, recording, then click bottom right on recording settings, then MIDI demix. Without the forum here there's no chance I would have find out by myself!!!

Thanx again.

EDIT: adding [sOLVED] in the title. Thx to everyone! I spent so much time trying to find a solution before daring to ask here... Lesson learned.

Do NOT hesitate to ask here! This is what I created this place for, so that any Logic user can ask their Logic questions, so definitely feel free to ask as many questions as you want. :)

In any case glad to hear that you're sorted.