Default track output behavior when changing interfaces

edocura

I have a LPX project that I use to run backing tracks for a live set. Live, I use an USB interface (Behringer X32 rack) and everything works well - I select what LPX channels I want to output to whatever X32 ins, and it works as expected. I have a few channels - click, backing track, etc.

At home, I use a couple UAD interfaces - an Apollo 8P and a x8P (which I just recently got). If I opened the project at home, any tracks that were sent to the X32 are automatically sent to my interface stereo out without me changing any routing at all. This is super useful so I can practice the set at home without mucking with the outputs every time.

However, I actually have no idea how this is set up - basically how does LPX handle channel outputs assigned to a specific interface if the interface is changed? The channels still show as being outputting to the same channel numbers (e.g. Output 20, the same x32 ch i had assigned to it) and I'm seeing behavior where some tracks automatically are outputted but a couple aren't. I'd like to fix it, but since I have no idea how to set it up, I don't even know what settings it would be.

The thing is that I just recently got an x8P and then started having the issue. I'm not sure what the settings were before hand to compare it to a working state - it could also be some weird routing in the UAD control panel I suppose (I see input in the virtual 2 channel in the UAD Control 2.0 app, albeit no outputs from LPX send to virtual 2...).

Any ideas of what to try looking into? I've been hunting around for a bit but came up with nothing so far.

Logic uses the exact same outputs on every hardware it plays through, if the hardware has less outputs than are used in the project, these are disabled and the signals end there.

So the only possible scenario is that your hardware at home has at lest as many outputs as the hardware in the rehearsal room, but the mixer software integrated in the home hardware *also* creates a stereo mix of its outputs, outside of Logic, which is a good thing in the given circumstances.