Grid view issues

Chicster

Coming from ProTools I was really surprised that there is no visible gridlines in the tracks/regions. They are there, but the track hides them. I know that you can expand a section in the inspector view thing, but that is only one track/region: I'd like to see them across all tracks simultaneously...but I can't find any fix for it so I guess it is not available.

As a work round, I set the track I am editing to Mute and then I can see the lines through the audio {all my tracks are audio - no midi}. Fine as far as it goes but the grids follow the bars for the most part so are spaced too far out to make small edits accurate enough - especially when working with 20 or 30 tracks on a project and lining up a dead-stop or a break. I know that you can set the Divisions to a finer degree, but they don't always show up unless you Zoom right in...which again is not ideal as you lose a lot of the bigger picture and I can't seem to figure out the break point when the divisions take over from the bars.

Weirdly tho...sometimes the divisions are there permanently and this makes life easy...but then they vanish and I am back to the Zoom guesswork. It is random and I cannot replicate it or make it a standard feature.

Any ideas anyone?

Yeah - I will try that thanks. It is just the way I was used to working I guess i.e. to be able to see where all of the notes were hitting on the divisions...or not as the case may be. It's just odd that sometimes it shows all of the divisions and sometimes not: the zoom is a bit too much to get an overview of all tracks.

Coming from ProTools I was really surprised that there is no visible gridlines in the tracks/regions. They are there, but the track hides them. I know that you can expand a section in the inspector view thing, but that is only one track/region: I'd like to see them across all tracks simultaneously...but I can't find any fix for it so I guess it is not available.

I agree with you that it's quite a baffling choice by the Logic team, who stubbornly refuses to hear the user base's demands to have the option to clearly see the grid through the waveform of audio regions and the notes of MIDI regions.

One (silly) workaround is to mute the region (select a region and press Control-M). Whoops, reading further I see that you had already discovered that.