How do I check what plugins are 32bit

Daggilarr

The only way to run 32-bit plugins in Logic is with the app 32Lives. If you have it, and are using that, it's easy to see from it's list what plugins are 32-bit and have been converted/"ressurrected:. Then you can make arrangements for the loss of those, as 32Lives won't work at all part Mojave, as 32-bit code can simply not run on the OS at all.

If you haven't bought 32Lives, then don't worry, all the plugins you are using are already 64-bit.

As far as apps go, rather than plugins, there is a way to get MacOS to tell you which apps are 32-bit - you can google for that...

Edited by des99

As far as apps go, rather than plugins, there is a way to get MacOS to tell you which apps are 32-bit - you can google for that...

Yes, and there's also Go64 (I told him this in another thread), but this doesn't cover plugins, and neither does System Profiler.

I think one possible way to handle this would be to have the plugin manager in Logic open and to compare its contents to the files in the Components folder.

Speaking of which - has anyone found a 64bit replacement of Quicktime Player Pro v7 ?

It is literally the only 32bit app I can't do without.

What is ist Magic Trick you say ? Does it spawn the hitherto unseen unicorn ? Well, I'm fine without that, thanks. But QTP7 would let you copy and paste any audio file in any format into an existing movie file, which made it the *perfect* tool to send versions back and forth between composer and client / agency, the benefits being its simplicity, speed and the video itself being unaltered, preventing any discussions about 'sorry, we don't like your music, mainly because the video format in the file you sent us has changed to 4:3'.

So, is there a 64bit app, preferably free, that can copy/paste audio files into movie files without changing the embedded video stream ?

Speaking of which - has anyone found a 64bit replacement of Quicktime Player Pro v7 ?

It is literally the only 32bit app I can't do without.

What is ist Magic Trick you say ? Does it spawn the hitherto unseen unicorn ? Well, I'm fine without that, thanks. But QTP7 would let you copy and paste any audio file in any format into an existing movie file, which made it the *perfect* tool to send versions back and forth between composer and client / agency, the benefits being its simplicity, speed and the video itself being unaltered, preventing any discussions about 'sorry, we don't like your music, mainly because the video format in the file you sent us has changed to 4:3'.

So, is there a 64bit app, preferably free, that can copy/paste audio files into movie files without changing the embedded video stream ?

QT7 pro is the only app i miss from the 'old days' (there's probably a better way to put that). at least, with the current quicktime, you can delete an element (ie audio or video) and trim a file. but disappointing that apple never gave us a newer version of this.

Re a QTP7 replacement:https://iina.io/download/

Thanks for that. I can paste additional tracks into a movie file and switch between the audio tracks. However, I can't a) remove tracks I don't want and b) save the movie with the new audio track to a new file ?

the current quicktime

The current QT, with due respect, is a horrendously crippled POS which can't even read half of the formats QTP7 could and the ones it can read it can't edit.

Re a QTP7 replacement:https://iina.io/download/

Thanks for that. I can paste additional tracks into a movie file and switch between the audio tracks. However, I can't a) remove tracks I don't want and b) save the movie with the new audio track to a new file ?

the current quicktime

The current QT, with due respect, is a horrendously crippled POS which can't even read half of the formats QTP7 could and the ones it can read it can't edit.

agreed