Transpose shortening note [SOLVED]

Garden8
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

Hi!

I am using Transpose in the region inspector to pitch shift an audio region (saxophone) a whole step up. When I do this it shortens the note (by about a beat) and adds a "ghost" note at the end of the region. Can anyone help? I'd like to shift the pitch and keep the original note value and not have any audio artifacts added.

Logic 10.7.2

macOS 12.0.1

MacBook Pro M1 Max

Thank you!

Hi, David!

Slicing.

Ok! Well I tried it in slicing mode here and it works as expected without shortening the note. Is the region flexed? I mean is that note stretched or compressed before you transpose it?

Could you post before and after screenshots, or better yet, attach a small example of your project that reproduces this issue? How to attach files to your post

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again, David,

File attached! As you can see, I transposed the region 10 semitones up using Transpose in the inspector. When I press play, the note ends a little after the first beat of the 2nd measure. But when I transpose it back down to the original note, the note plays as normal—i.e., it ends a little before the 3rd measure.

Thank you!

sax.zip

• Solution
File attached! As you can see, I transposed the region 10 semitones up using Transpose in the inspector. When I press play, the note ends a little after the first beat of the 2nd measure. But when I transpose it back down to the original note, the note plays as normal—i.e., it ends a little before the 3rd measure.

Ok so I was able to reproduce this and you are correct, this is apparently the expected behavior when using the slicing mode. So I suggest you use another mode such as the Monophonic mode for example, which works the way you want in this example.