What is Hybrid Mor plugin?

ResidentZ

Hey everyone, I opened up a garageband file in L8 to do some remixing and L8 is telling me that I'm missing Hybrid Mor plugin when I open. Not exactly sure what it is but since I installed L8 and all the Jam Packs, some patches have been missing in garageband particularly default ones named "ornos brass" and "rotuma bells." These came with my computer and now their gone. I have no idea how to get those sounds and they are the basis for the song I have been working on. Please help, anyone!

This is due to a problem in the L8 installer. Hybrid Mor is really Hybrid Morph, a Garageband instrument. A lot of folks have run into exactly this problem. I experienced it on both machines I installed L8 to. The fix I found is simply to reinstall L8. But you don't need to reinstall all the Jampacks and content disks. Just reinstall the applications on the main install disk. Remember to backup your Logic preferences etc if you don't want to start over with default prefs, key commands etc. Good luck!

• 1 month later...

i figured this out through research, just use the installer from logic 7.2 content disk and install customly the grage band instruments on your desktop. Then pull them to the empty folders within your application support folder. (i used the user one, but the system is good too).

There should be a total of four things.

Two plugin folders

and two settings folders.

• 5 weeks later...

calvin200001 - I was having the same problem as the original poster. After installing Logic Studio 8, I was seeing "Logic Pro: Plug-in 'Hybrid Mor' not available".

Thanks for the tip above! It solved the problem without me having re-install anything from the Logic Studio 8 disks. I used my Logic 7.2 disk 2 (Content), installed to the Desktop, then copied to the empty folders as you described. In order to copy to the empty folders, I had to right-click, Get Info, and change ownership and write-permissions of the target (empty Hybrid Morph and Hybrid Basic) folders. Once I copied the right files, I set the ownership back to "system" and permissions back to "Read-only".

Thanks for sleuthing for the shortcut way to do it! :)

• 9 months later...

Hello,

I just came across the same problem. I am not able to use the custom install from the Logic 7 because I was using the Express version. When upgrading to Logic 8, I also upgraded to Pro.

I just need to bite the bullet and reinstall Logic Pro 8, but I'm not sure how to go about this. I was hoping there would be an uninistall option in the installer dvd, but that choice isn't available.

Do I just click on "Install" like it's the very first time?

Thanks,

James

Hi The easiest way is stil to do a basic instal over top of your original..It is irrelevant in regards to Logic7..The most obvious reason being some never had Logic prior to 8..It doesn't take long..The instal over your previous one discounts the loading time needed if it were an actual instal from square one..It justs moves over what is already there.

Just what I have found..I have had L from 4..And don't miss any of them as well as not missing OS9..Glad they are all gone..LOL....JON

There's an app called Pacifist which will allow you to install individual files from an installer. I had the same problem used Pacifist and just installed the files missing & voila! That way if in the future you come across other files missing you just repeat the process. From memory there were only a few files that didn't install, I can't recall right now which ones specifically. good luck.