Signal on track when in record

ahmek

When I hit the record button on an audio track, after I play a note on my Motif ES keyboard, the audio in indicator on the track shows constant activity even when I stop playing. I can record but there is a low signal going into the track from somewhere. I am using Logic Xpress 7.1. The keyboard is plugged into my Imac G5 using Tiger via USB and M-Audio Firewire Solo is properly connected. I have rechecked my settings many times, can't figure this out. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Stop playing and raise your monitoring level to listen to the noise. Depending on the kind of noise sometimes you can figure out where it comes from. Could be a bad cable or a grounding problem. Try unplugging your cables one by one and see which one is the culprit. Try plugging the Motif into another outlet. Try moving your audio cables away from your power cables. Try moving your cables around while listening to your noise, see what happens.

Good luck, that is one frustrating problem, and not always easy to fix. I have had the same problem with a Motif as well.