static noise from soundcard

jeff

Hi , my name is Jeff from Montreal, I work on a G4 with logic 7 and a MOTU 2408 PCI 324. I have a weird static noise (small clicks) coming from the soundcard in the monitering and also on my recordings, and it's not a buffer issue (set to 1024)

please help me

thanks

Jeff :(

Are you trying to record anything digitally? This sounds like it could be a digital sync error. Go to your MOTU's panel window on your mac (not sure of the name..) and make sure all sync settings are set to 'internal', not 'ADAT' or anything like that. It might be a good idea to switch them and switch them back if they were already on internal.

Another quick thing to try would be to reset your MOTU. (some buttons to hold when powering up - the procedure should be described in your manuals).

HI David,

I've tried both suggestions and the problem is still there, and it's not the motu because I tried it in my old G3, and it's clean.So it's my G4 or something in logic.

Then I did some tests, it seems that the static clicks are more important while using audio instruments , also I tried different slots for the pci on the motherboard, and the closer i put the pci from the videocard, the more i get static clicks!

Can it be the ram...or videocard...I don't know and I'm pissed!!!

We have to find out

Merci

Jeff :?

hey,

motu tech line is always busy, I mean always .anyway...

this morning the problem is still there , but doing few clicks ( 2-3 / minute) comparing to last night which constantly clicking the tracks ( I had to finish the session in my G3...the same motu works cleanly with it...)

I had the same problem last year at the same period of the year, it's like it's in the air during spring, I resolved the problem at that time just by changing pci slots, but this year it's not enough... Can it be the motherboard capting static, and why it's ten times worst when using audio instruments?

I think I'm gonna start praying!!!

Thanks again David, p.s. sorry for my bad english writting, I'm french.

Jeff Grenier

www.studiomonocube.com

David you were right, it is the motu, I tested logic in my G4 with a friend of mine's presonus firewire interface and it's clean. So i'm gonna ship it to motu, I finally got the line!!!

Thanks again for your help

Jeff