Copying regions etc.

NoPro

I have 2 drum tracks. One kick on one track and one snare on another. I chopped the kick and snare to individual regions. I have afew questions.

1. I want to copy a bars worth of both kick and snare to the next bar. Do I put it in bar mode or smart ?

2. When I try to copy both by selecting both Kick and snare it only lets me paste either the kick or snare and to just one track...what am I doing wrong?

3. How do I merge ALL chopped regions...lets say the chopped snare to one region? I tried the glue tool but it joins just 2 regions not all. Again I must be doing something wrong

4. When copying and pasting is there a way to repeat the copy paste funtion in time.

Thank You

1. I want to copy a bars worth of both kick and snare to the next bar. Do I put it in bar mode or smart ?

I use smart. select the region you want to copy, hold down option and drag the region with your mouse, it will make a copy

2. When I try to copy both by selecting both Kick and snare it only lets me paste either the kick or snare and to just one track...what am I doing wrong?

you can drag both tracks at a time if you like, or if you are pasting, make sure both tracks are selected

3. How do I merge ALL chopped regions...lets say the chopped snare to one region? I tried the glue tool but it joins just 2 regions not all. Again I must be doing something wrong

Select you track in the arrange window and go to Region>Merge>Region per track

4. When copying and pasting is there a way to repeat the copy paste function in time.

you can do it a couple of ways, in the arrange window select your track and go to Region>Repeat Regions, a box opens and asks how many you want. Or you can use copy and paste function. select the region, copy it to the clipboard, put the SPL at the spot and paste, if you do it multiple times, the SPL will move to the end of the new region and you can paste the next one there

Something to be aware of with copied audio regions..... whether you use the copy and paste method or the repeat regions method, you'll get regions that will change their borders together when you do a right or left corner drag - whether or not they're all selected.

This can be advantageous but if you want the new regions to behave autonomously, you can do a couple of things.

Option-dragging instead of copying will create autonomous new regions, as far as corner drags are concerned. (But editing in the sample ed will of course affect all regions that use the same wave form.)

"Convert regions to new regions" in the audio menu will turn selected audio region copies into autonomous regions so when you drag the corner of one over to trim it off a bit all the other copies don't get shorter too.