Wormhole -> Logic?

MikeShapiro

Has anyone gotten Wormhole2 to transmit audio reliably to Logic?

I find that even when using the "dummyInst" plugin method, I need to start the sequencer in order to get audio to transmit into Logic at all. And even then, it seems like the results are sometimes unpredictable.

Has anyone had better luck?

It was working pretty well for me. Haven't used it lately 'cause my old lombard died and now my wife has to use my Titanium, leaving me with no computer to Wormhole to. I do remember sometimes having to start the sequencer to engage Wormhole, but I could then stop it and it would continue to work. I also had trouble saving setups with it, sometimes having to reload the plug-in when opening a slave song.

It was working pretty well for me. Haven't used it lately 'cause my old lombard died and now my wife has to use my Titanium, leaving me with no computer to Wormhole to. I do remember sometimes having to start the sequencer to engage Wormhole, but I could then stop it and it would continue to work. I also had trouble saving setups with it, sometimes having to reload the plug-in when opening a slave song.

Thanks very much for the response.

The kind of unpredictabilities you describe are exactly what I can't afford to deal with, unfortunately. I need something exactly as stable and predictable as a digital S/PDIF connection or equivalent. I suspect that I'll have to wait for the Mac version of FX-teleport before I can trust audio-over-IP solutions.

I totally understand your need for predictibility. However, I would say that if there's nothing else out there that can work for you, you should give wormhole another try. Even with it's quirks, it never didn't work, and I was getting used to the little picadillos that were needed to get it up and running. After I got used to those, it was indispensible. It really opened up possibilities at the edge of my processor.

I totally understand your need for predictibility. However, I would say that if there's nothing else out there that can work for you, you should give wormhole another try. Even with it's quirks, it never didn't work, and I was getting used to the little picadillos that were needed to get it up and running. After I got used to those, it was indispensible. It really opened up possibilities at the edge of my processor.

I'm going to try to work with it for a few more days, but if I can't find work method that doesn't require me to active or disactive a plugin with each reboot of Logic, I won't be able to use it.

Another aspect of the program that disturbs me is the near-complete lack of developer support. Weeks have gone by before they've answered any of the questions on their own forum (including but not limited to two posted by me).

I love the idea of audio over IP, but I suspect we'll have to wait for the Mac version of FX Teleport before we see a solution solid enough for heavy professional use.