Unwanted Score Style Changes

Plowman

I'm wondering if Mr. Stevenson, compendious in his knowledge of Score, has experienced this, and anyone else.

You're in the top level of Score, you click on a region, change its Score Style in the parameter box, and *bloop* a random collection of other regions on other tracks are suddenly selected and their Score Styles change too.

If you're in the Score page, you often can't see it happen, as the unintended Score Style changes are beyond your view. If an Arrange window is open at the same time, you might catch the crime in progress. Otherwise you find out about later as you work through the score, and suddenly there's a whole lot of ledger lines where they just shouldn't outghta be. Or you can't read the harmony until you realize that your flute is now in tenor clef.

I've dealt with this bug for years. The only workaround I've found is to undo (when I catch it), then double-click on the staff, going one level deeper, change the Score Style there, and get back to the previous level.

I'm wondering if Mr. Stevenson, compendious in his knowledge of Score, has experienced this, and anyone else.

You're in the top level of Score, you click on a region, change its Score Style in the parameter box, and *bloop* a random collection of other regions on other tracks are suddenly selected and their Score Styles change too.

If you're in the Score page, you often can't see it happen, as the unintended Score Style changes are beyond your view. If an Arrange window is open at the same time, you might catch the crime in progress. Otherwise you find out about later as you work through the score, and suddenly there's a whole lot of ledger lines where they just shouldn't outghta be. Or you can't read the harmony until you realize that your flute is now in tenor clef.

I've dealt with this bug for years. The only workaround I've found is to undo (when I catch it), then double-click on the staff, going one level deeper, change the Score Style there, and get back to the previous level.

Wow. I live in the score editor and I have never experienced that particular one, thank God.

yes i get this all the time. any kind of edit (try adjusting velocity with the control-option drag mouse thing) will cause a random number of midi objects to be selected.

it is caused by a corrupt song - the bane of my life. and of course with huge time pressures, the tendency is just to get on and live with corrupt behaviour than rebuild your song, with all the possible oversights that can entail. v v annoying.

but rebuilding your song is the only answer i know of.