Automating reverse - can it be done?

Mediaspar

Well actually.. .I was just curious but there's no easy procedure. For Audio, you have to convert the Audio region as a new Audio file, then reverse it in the Sample editor, then position it in Arrange.

For MIDI... if you're working with Samples you can use some reverse samples (there's a reverse checkbox in EXS24's sampler instrument edit window, and the black triangle inside a red circle in Osc2 (when set to 'Sample') reverses the sample in Ultrabeat).

David,

Not quite what I'm asking for. I understand how to use reverse with audio and MIDI, as in, how to apply a reverse effect. Sorry if the question wasn't properly explained. My real question is whether or not I can automate reverse on the fly. As in, with my capslock keyboard, hold down the key 'A', for example, and have what's ever on that track reverse while the key is held down, and when released, the reverse effect ceases. Is this possible?