Orchestra Hit

Doye

you can actually creat your own if you have a synth that plays string patches....load up a chord you like with a real low attack time and put a nice reverb on it...maybe u can layer it with a soft drum hit barely under the orch hit to give it some impact then compress the whole thing....i mean theres many ways you can creat this....sampling may also be another option

Sorry, posted twice. Tried to get rid of the smiley, didn't work.

J M

I took care of it. You have to select "Disable Smilies in this post" at the bottom of your posting box. Deleted the other post too.

BTW thanks for your feedback in this thread, I had no idea there were Orchestra hits hiding over there in the Legacy folder, good to know!

Open ESX24 sampler. Open Factory sounds. Go to Legacy Instruments (if you're on Logic 8), Go to (09) Effects, then Sound Effects, then Orchester FX. There's a few there starting from C3.

J M

Strange, I don't have Factory Sound/Legacy Instruments and am on Logic Studio 8 with all Jam Packs Loaded. I just have 12 Legacy sounds that then gives me 05 Horns & Woodwinds and 08 Drumkits. Help! Should I re-install my Jampacks? And if so How do I do that!

And whilst I'm here...anyone got a good acoustic guitar fret slide/buzz sound? Or is that another one I should have but haven't!!

I have to take back my thanks. I have checked and they are not there. So don't panic Cliveports. If you have another program or a hardware synth with the Orchestra hit sound you can do it in the EXS mk11 sampler. Just record a one shot in the key of C and import it into the Sampler then save it as an EXS instrument If you record a softwynth track you would have to bounce it to an audio file. It is so easy to convert samples in Logic Studio :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yup ,thanks for all the replies folks, I went back and did a FULL install and now I have all the legacy stuff.

BUT....

I still don't have an acoustic guitar fret buzz/slide sound (the sound a roundwound string makes when you change chords etc. There's GOT to be one there somewhere surely!

I still don't have an acoustic guitar fret buzz/slide sound (the sound a roundwound string makes when you change chords etc. There's GOT to be one there somewhere surely!

Try looking at the EXS >Factory>08 Guitars> 01 Acoustic Guitars> Steel String Acoustic 1. There are note off squeaks and scratches there.

• 7 months later...

Hello, just arrived on this forum (though long-time Logic dabbler)!

Is anyone still needing orchestra hits? There's quite a selection on the Roland orchestral card sitting here that I could sample. Just downloaded a bucket load of presets from Logic Pro Help, so would like to give something back ;)

- n

Hello, just arrived on this forum (though long-time Logic dabbler)!

Is anyone still needing orchestra hits? There's quite a selection on the Roland orchestral card sitting here that I could sample. Just downloaded a bucket load of presets from Logic Pro Help, so would like to give something back ;)

- n

Sorry for a discouraging reply -- I realize you mean well -- but it would not be legal to redistribute that sample content.