Automation in Omnisphere?

dj-Amo
Go to solution Solved by Chris Rickwood,

HI

Omnisphere automation facilities using Logic's automation are limited to the individual Part's volumes.

You'll have to do it using Omnisphere's MIDI Learn functions:

Control click on the parameter, select MIDI learn, then send it the required MIDI CC data from your controller (or from Logic).

CCT

OMNIauto1.jpg.9ba0d0c70659110e97edf955168d5627.jpg

OMNIMIDIlearn.jpg.b41c4d74d5b8037a49120cf7e46d52db.jpg

• Solution

In Omnisphere, right click (command-click) the knob you want to automate. Select "Enable Host Automation" from the drop down menu

In Logic, enable "Latch" automation mode on the Omnisphere track.

Press play and move the knob in Omnisphere that you want to automate. Logic will remember your moves. If you view automation, you can see what parameter you are controlling and hand draw the envelope too.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
In Omnisphere, right click (command-click) the knob you want to automate. Select "Enable Host Automation" from the drop down menu

Press play and move the knob in Omnisphere that you want to automate. Logic will remember your moves. If you view automation, you can see what parameter you are controlling and hand draw the envelope too.

And 3 years later I just wanted to make a post to say that reading this solved my identical question of "Automation in Omnisphere."

Thank you LogicProHelp.Com archives!!!

• 4 years later...

9 years later, I found this, and did exactly what cmrick suggested, and it worked! Thank you.

• 9 months later...
Yes, thanks for the information, but I want automate the circle knob ORB, and is impossible to do. I try a lot of things, and if is true and you can activate the ENABLE HOST AUTOMATION option and record in Logic with the Latch, when you finished the automation, it's not working. Maybe a solution for this? Thank you!