Logic does not see some of my .exs audio files

burrboe

Hi

I'm I'm a demonstrator for the Axon guitar synth device. I'll be demonstrating at the NAMM show in January. I used Logic 7 last year and will be using Logic 8 (I just went and updated to 8.0.2) for this one. I've been trying to open my Logic files with Logic 8 and it does not seem to find some of my .exs audio files that are loaded in the files. When Logic is loading I get an error message that says: "EXS24 instrument "Slapped Electric Bass.exs: Audio file JBSLHA1A1X02.aif not found." I can't seem to find a few others as well. I went to look for the missing bass sample In the library folder at the top level (Library/Application support/sampler instruments/bass/electric bass) and I find that its in there. and when in logic I open up the exs24 sampler and go to look for the same file and the sampler does see it. but when I play the sequence there is no bass sounding. If I select another sample it does sound, but not the Slapped Electric Bass. Does anyone know whats happening? Thanks to anyone who can help

Its burrboe again. I've done some more research and have found the sample files do seem to have gone missing. The "Slapped Electric Bass.exs sampler instrument can be found in the sampler instrument folder in the Library/application support/Logic/sampler instruments, location. But its .aif files, the sampler files themselves I can not find. I know I have not moved them. So, any ideas what happened or how I can get them back, or replace them??

Thanks again.