Delay Disappears sometimes

Albinorican

This is weird, I'm doing a DJ mix with different mp3s in Logic 8, sometimes the delay disappears at certain points, and then it comes back in the end of it if You know what I mean. I've been trying to bounce this mix three times now in real time but the delay disappears every time at the same spot, but when I listen to it without bouncing the delay is there most of the times, sometimes it disappears even when I'm just listening, but when I listen again and again it works, it's like a gamble.

It shouldn't be like this, does anybody else had the same problem?

/Alex

Yea?

Its like Logic Wont bounce this certain delay, it works fine when I'm listening to it and all, but bouncing, nope!

Also The HD power display on the bottom of Logic is raising to the top very fast and goes down to nothing as fast with equal time in between while bouncing, is it supposed to be like that?

Oh yea, sorry.

I'm on an Intel Imac, 2,8 GHz, 4 Gig Ram, Logic 8.0.2

If I insert an echo on a track where I have a DJ shout for example, let's say time 1/4, and maybe 75% on repeat etc

I want it to echo out, but suddenly during the echo, it disappear, and comes back 1-2 seconds later in the end of the echo. Sounds awful.

What is happening, I don't understand why it is like this.

I bounce in realtime cause I noticed when bouncing offline, the finished bounce doesn't sound as it did in the session, and the Disk I/O is at the max during the whole bounce. I don't understand why, my computerpower should be enough I think, maybe it has to do with that I'm bouncing out a 40 minute track.

*EDIT* I noticed now that it is both the reverb and delay that dissapears, is it because I havent sent any of them to an AUX? Can't I have both a reverb and a delay right on the channel?

sounds like famous buffer bug....

this is one of the main reasons i avoid postprod on logic since ver 6.

it is very annoying and i have tried every suggestion out there...

Basicaly you have to find the way to empty the buffer before bouncing.

Sometimes stop and back to start and play again fix it, other times not.

In some cases i have routed and recorded the efx track internaly, but than i have to put the rec start at least for the measure as long as the tail of efx.

Well, that wont work sometimes either :P

My last frustration was a 70min post project where 4 of 5 bounces were screwed.

When i adressed that issue on official Apple support page, my post dissapeared...

:roll: