Sidechaining trouble!

lee080380

Hi all...im a new user or logic after switching from cubase..and all i can say is why did'nt i switch 5 years ago!! Well after dabbling around a bit i have finally started to put sum tracks together..only i have run in to a bit of a problem. My music is dance orientated especially tech and progressive house, i use sidechain a lot in my mixes i.e White noise effects which are sidechained from a kick drum. I generally put a kick drum down from ultrabeat but dont want it to be heard in my my mix so i click on the i/o box on the channel strip and select no output..but this only makes the kick less quiet..in other words i can still hear it! I only seem to have this problem with midi, whenever i use audio the no output works fine! Can someone please help me out as im running out of hair to pull out!!!

Thanks Lee.

I generally put a kick drum down from ultrabeat but dont want it to be heard in my my mix so i click on the i/o box on the channel strip and select no output.

Instrument channelstrips cannot be accessed directly from the external key inputs of plug-ins. Assign UB's output to a bus, delete the aux channel that appears, set your sidechain source to that bus.