Organizing AU's

formatix

Hello All,

First time poster here. I have been using Logic for about 8 month's now after switching from Cubase on PC, and I must say it's everything I knew it would be... I am wondering though:

Does any know if it is possible to create user defined folders for AU instruments and effects?

For example, when selecting Massive for an instrument channel from the drop down on the channel strip I have to go to:

"AU instruments" --> "Native Instruments" ---> "Massive" ---> Then choose "Mono or Stereo"

What I would like is to be able to create a favorites folder that contains the instruments so that when I drop down the menu all I need to do is go:

"AU Instruments" ---> "Favorites" ---> Then choose instrument

I cannot see a way to do this through Logic preferences and the components folder does not organize the AU's in any way so Logic must analyze the type of component and then place it in the AU instruments folder by manufacturer.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your reply

Mark

Hey Mark,

I agree it would be nice to be able to organize plug-ins for easier access.

"AU instruments" --> "Native Instruments" ---> "Massive" ---> Then choose "Mono or Stereo"

Note that you can stop at "Massive". (I think in this case Logic inserts the version that matches the current configuration of the software instrument channel, mono or stereo.)