Master channel strip's "D" button?

bbsounds

I come to notice today that my mixes are sounding to harsh and kind of distorted and I noticed on the master channel strip there are two letters "M" and "D" I know what the M is for but what is "D"? I looked all over the manual for this and could not find it.

Well, any how, when I click on the "D" button the mix sounds where it should be but if I de-click it it , the mix sounds harsh and slightly distorted.

The only thing I did before I noticed this was I installed the new osx 10.57 OSX.

thank you

no, Its not hitting the red. I suspect that its my motif XS8. I forgot to mention that. I also updated to the new os on my motif and some settings may have changed in the motif itself due to the new update. the frustrating thing is that everything seems to be the same. ( setting wise)

• 11 years later...
Oh yeah right the Dim. But you could still move and touch the fader by accident I guess maybe even when using a control surface. That's kind of a thing they could add as well *apple developers* - how about not just a clip time lock but also a track control lock (I know there is one, but it doesn't work on vca's + does anybody even use it the way it is right now). Thanks David