Changing the pitch in the EXS..?

8EBREAKZER

I have loaded into the EXS my own single drum hits like kiks snares hihats etc as a multisample which it places at C1 and up along the piano roll which is great.. i have made a nice drum sequence in the piano roll and am happy, but now i would like to be able to pitch just the snares up and down individually so as to not change the pitch of the rest of the drums like the kiks hihats etc.. you can do this perfectly in ultrabeat by moving the pitch up or down by key, i would like to be able to do this in the EXS please, so is it possible or will i have to load up another EXS and load into it just the one snare hit and go up and down the piano roll to get the various pitches in the key i would like..?.. i have tried changing the pitch in the hypereditor but it affects all the various drum hits in the sequence not just the one snare.. plus automation is not very accurate at all..?.. cheers guys!.

edit the keymapping in exs24

what you have now (one key per drum hit):

[-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-]

what you need:

[-][-][--------------][-][-][-][-][-]

map your snare to multiple keys, then you can play different keys for different pitches

[-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-]

what you need:

map your snare to multiple keys, then you can play different keys for different pitches

ok cheers i am making myself learn the EXS better as i haven't used it very much at all.. if i get stuck i'll be back!.. haha.

[-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-]

what you need:

ok i have figured out how to do this from what you have explained plus reading the instructions as well but!.. i now have a new problem.. the thing is i have 4 different snares with in my drum multisamples so i would like to be able to get these 4 snares to change pitch independently from each other but to be able to get them all to hit the same pitch/key.. thing is when you place the individual hits up or down the piano roll and making sure you hold down option/command buttons to keep the root key, then drag these snares zones over the several keys you want each zone is different pitches/notes because of being higher or lower on the keys of the piano roll.. it would be nice to be able to get all of my snares separately from each other to go from C1 to say A1 like you can in ultrabeat.. haha hope that makes sense..?..