AU effects

scratchbiskutz

Is it possible to put 3rd party AU effects reverbs, delays, etc. organized under logics default sets in the channel strip settings?

ex. put vintage warmer in the compression section of the plug ins.

The question itself is confusing: Yes, you can save any AU plug-in as a channel strip setting and organize it under logic's default set in the channel strip settings, no problem. Just insert the AU effect, click the CSS button and save the channel strip setting where you want it in the middle of the Logic factory CSS. You may want to create a "Compressor" category as there are no such category in the CSS menu, and you will need to change the permissions of the parent folder (Track if it's a track CSS) to "Read & Write") to create that folder. I've attached a pic of the results at the bottom of this post.

However, your example talks about the compression section of the plug-ins. Like I said, there's no such section in the CSS menu, so I guess you mean when you click on an empty insert. Then, you can see a dynamic section, and inside that you can access Logic's compressor plug-in. Is that what you mean? Then the answer would be no, that's only for Logic plug-ins, as triplets explained. And no, there's no XML file to edit, that's just the way Logic is coded. Logic plug-ins are in the list of categories at the top of that menu, and Audio Units go in the "Audio Units" folder at the bottom - can't change that.

Hope that helps?

1069558678_LogicProScreenSnapz004.jpg.d1450580b8425e898a37ddcee6e3c425.jpg

Another question.

Can I sort my 3rd party AU's in my own folders, rather than manufacturer folders ?

Instead of say

Native Instruments - > Guitar Rig 3

and

IK Multimedia - > Amplitube

i could just have a folder named

Amp Simulators -> Guitar with GR3 and Amplitube as subfolders ?

• 4 years later...
  • 2 months later...
Another question.

Can I sort my 3rd party AU's in my own folders, rather than manufacturer folders ?

Instead of say

Native Instruments - > Guitar Rig 3

and

IK Multimedia - > Amplitube

i could just have a folder named

Amp Simulators -> Guitar with GR3 and Amplitube as subfolders ?

Has this been addressed on LPX?

I would like to have the possibility to have plugins organised in two major categories. One organised from the plugin manufacturer, with another one organised from type of FX, just like the logic plugins... Protools has this future, I don't know why Logic should not have it.