Can I turn off the Zoom when I'm dragging the time line?

chrishb

I really hate to ask such basic questions but I cant find the setting in preferences.

U know when your dragging along the time line at the top of the arrangement page and Logic zooms in as you drag

Where is the preference to turn this off.

Thanks

Hi,

I don't have a solution or anything,

just wanted to say I used to hate this but after a while just getting to know how this works and playing with it a little I changed my mind and i kinda like it now, actaully for zoom more then for scrolling, it does take some practice but once you get the hang of it it lets you zoom and scroll at the same time, saves some hassle.

I treat it kinda like the EXS24's filter cutoff & resonance control (the figure of 8 thing in the filter area, you know what i mean ?)

regards,

-shay

I really hate to ask such basic questions but I cant find the setting in preferences.

U know when your dragging along the time line at the top of the arrangement page and Logic zooms in as you drag

Where is the preference to turn this off.

Thanks

I had no idea this existed I've never even done it accidently ..and I've done everything else accidentally !!.

I think its worth noteing you have to hold the left button then pull down in the time line.It doesn't work that way in the arrange window ..it just grabs the playhead with the arrows.

I'm definetly using it.....on purpose!!!

BP

• 1 year later...

I, for one, have this near the top of my list of Logic pet peeves. Say you hit pause, and want to scrub in arrange, to find an off-grid event, at a certain zoom level. Well, it doesn't help to have the zoom flying all over the place when you're trying to be precise, and find where a sloppy film editor's cue begins. David, you're a Logic Master, but your advice of "just don't drag vertically" ignores the typical motion of mouse users, especially with mouse acceleration for larger screens. Just when you think you've found your point in the timeline, a quick up or downward movement sends the whole thing either to a ridiculously small, or ridiculously focused view.

It just couldn't be hard to implement a tickbox to disable this (at least for me) unusable and productivity-sucking "feature," and i don't know why Apple hasn't addressed it.

I sincerely hope I'm ignoring some small, obvious thing that will make me look like a complete idiot.