Strip Silence "Greyed" Out [SOLVED]

pepelepew

I didn't have any luck with the search button. I'm trying to use strip silence on some audio regions but the menu has it "greyed" out and I can't select it. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong...probably something basic. It's working on all of my loops tracks, just not on any audio tracks. I'm using logic pro 8

Thanks

Thanks, but still no luck.

I tried opening up another song I'm working on. Out of 6 audio regions I randomly selected, 3 would allow me to use strip silence, and 3 wouldn't. I can't figure out why. I'm only selecting one region at a time, and it doesn't seem to be related to whether or not something is solo'd, muted, or has a plug-in. I don't know why any of those things would matter anyways, but I'm just looking for the correlation of the regions that allow strip silence vs the ones that don't. They're more or less identical as far as I can tell. I'm still a newbie though so maybe I'm missing something obvious.

One more possible clue. When I select one of the regions I'm having trouble with In the local audio menu in the arrange area, I'm only allowed to... adjust region length to locators, time machine algorithm, or search zero crossings. Everything else non-selectable.

Are they compressed files by any chance? MP3s or CAF formats for example?

The only time I've come across strip silence been greyed out was when Logic hadn't yet finished drawing the overview for it. But then I never work with compressed file formats.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...