mono output

tykunze

Hey all!

I'm backtracking live and i want a mono output to send to the house.

can anyone think of the best way to do this?

Thousand dollars to the winner

Perhaps you could be more specific on what you're asking. What does "backtracking live" mean? :?:

"mono output to house"... what exactly do you mean by this? Are you using Logic or Mainstage? What exactly is the "house"? Is it a 'main' mixer of a P.A. system... or another D.A.W.? or... ??????

Details, sir, we need details!!

:D

Aux Method:

Create a previously unused send on the source channel. This will create a new Aux. Set its output to the output pair you want. If that output pair didn't previously exist it will create a new output pair. Set the balance control on the Aux hard left.

This will feed the signal to your 2-mix as well as FOH. If you only want the signal to go to FOH then select "no output" for the output of the source channel.

This method gives you the ability to apply plugins or gain boost/reduction just to the signal going to FOH that's independent of your source track.

I'll take mine in British Pounds. Please, no euros. They're so droll...

========================

For slamthecrank, FOH = front of house, or just plain "house"

Aux Method:

Create a previously unused send on the source channel. This will create a new Aux. Set its output to the output pair you want. If that output pair didn't previously exist it will create a new output pair. Set the balance control on the Aux hard left.

This will feed the signal to your 2-mix as well as FOH. If you only want the signal to go to FOH then select "no output" for the output of the source channel.

This method gives you the ability to apply plugins or gain boost/reduction just to the signal going to FOH that's independent of your source track.

Hey, that's my solution but wearing a pink shirt and a Guards tie !

I'll take mine in British Pounds. Please, no euros. They're so droll...

Droll they may be, Ski, dear friend, but they're shagging the US Dollar

right now ........

:lol:

-

pH

haha,

ya i've thought a lot about the gain plug in, i just dont want any plug-in processing live. trying to steer clear of overloads of any sort. so maybe i'll use the gain plug-in and then print the track. The only thing is i send the house(front of house mixer) 4 seperated mixes, so it'll take quiet some work, but this all helped helped a lot!

Thanks guys!

oh and about the reward, did i not mention it was in monopoly money? small or large denominations should be no problem!

now, on another computer i'm running mainstage, should i do the same to create a mono mix?