Logic Studio 9!

thindave

Ouch! Intel Only!

Sure, that's gonna smart for people running PowerMacs.

But, what's interesting in this release, is how much room is being given to Mainstage. Apple are really pitching the studio to stage workflow. How many people are running Mainstage on PPC powerbooks at the moment?

im just dying to know whether this is a new version with a whole new pile of bugs to sift through or if its essentially a solid version of 8.

i know that sounds cynical as f*%@, but whatever. im glad i switched to logic a year ago, but some of these bugs are hellish and should have stopped 8 hitting the market until they were sorted. i hope 9 is not the same

im just dying to know whether this is a new version with a whole new pile of bugs to sift through or if its essentially a solid version of 8.

i know that sounds cynical as f*%@, but whatever. im glad i switched to logic a year ago, but some of these bugs are hellish and should have stopped 8 hitting the market until they were sorted. i hope 9 is not the same

Right!

I couldn't care less about whether or not it's for Intel machines, but fix the problems for those of us struggling on PPCs. Make Logic 8 stable, then come out with 9.

Can someone explain this??? What am I missing here? Is it just a greed thing from Apple?

Flex Time and Audio Quantize! It was about time! Hope the bugs are fixed...most of them.

Yup, they hit some of the most asked for features, drum replacer, bounce in place, too. But it should be interesting to see how many of the long-standing bugs have been fixed. I haven't found a "fix" list for 9 yet.

Minimum System Requirements to Install All Applications

* Mac computer with an Intel processor

* 1GB of RAM (2GB or more highly recommended)

* Display with resolution or higher

* Mac OS X v10.5.7 or later

* QuickTime 7.6 or later

* DVD drive for installation

Not unexpected, but... GAH!

I doubt you are going to see new versions of any of the major DAWs be PPC compatible, particularly with Snow Leopard coming out. I am afraid that ship has sailed.

Agreed. I just wish it had happened at a time when I could foresee affording the change! I'll just have to be behind the curve for a while. It wouldn't be the first time!

I doubt you are going to see new versions of any of the major DAWs be PPC compatible, particularly with Snow Leopard coming out. I am afraid that ship has sailed.

Yeah, my PPC Quad was a barnacle-ridden rustbucket from day one... :roll:

images.jpg.fb68bee25d1cb33aa328db1111a28969.jpg

Edited by ski

Being a total tard..I bought 8 like 45 days ago..NOW 9 comes out. You gotta be kidding me. I even asked the apple rep if a newer version was coming out.

Wonder if there is a deal for those who just bought 8 ???

I did the same thing with 7. Payed $700 for 7 then cried a few months later when 8 came out with all the extra content for $500. :(

Agreed. I just wish it had happened at a time when I could foresee affording the change! I'll just have to be behind the curve for a while. It wouldn't be the first time!

Understood, guys. I just wish L8 were more solid ... I should have stuck with 7 ... so green back then. Oh well... sigh!

Anyway, who's to say they aren't going to be doing the same thing again? Releasing a buggy software that then gets replaced by version 10??? Hmmm..

200 Dollars for an update. I hope somebody reviews this update soon..

From an Mac website:

Appearing without the spectacle and hooha of other Apple product launches such as the iPhone and iPond, Logic Studio 9, the first update to Logic Studio in decades, quietly made its debut today on the Apple website. This writer, given the assignment to critique Logic 9, regrets to inform you, however, that such a review won't be possible. Although Logic 9 is only minutes old, it's already obsolete.

200 Dollars for an update. I hope somebody reviews this update soon..

From an Mac website:

Appearing without the spectacle and hooha of other Apple product launches such as the iPhone and iPond, Logic Studio 9, the first update to Logic Studio in decades, quietly made its debut today on the Apple website. This writer, given the assignment to critique Logic 9, regrets to inform you, however, that such a review won't be possible. Although Logic 9 is only minutes old, it's already obsolete.

:shock: . Scaryest thing is that you CAN'T upgrade EDU version *sigh*.