Official "Did they fix this" in Logic 9 thread!

JT3_Jon

wow, well does anyone else care about this functionality? or is just me. i feel like i spend alot of time moving audio tracks one by one.BB

uproar? not exactly. what intended to do was simply ask if other users missed that functionality. this is the "did they fix it yet" thread after all isnt it?

thanks for all the other suggestions to other other fixes i had with the program, while ive used usb overdrive before i havent used it how you suggested but sounds like the best solution yet.

and the ability to double click a midi region and have it open in the midi editor window rather then in the half pane midi editor...

I'd like that too, but I'm just in the habit of selecting a MIDI region and pressing Command-6.

...or you can hold down alt and double click. :D

you sir are why forums are so invaluable =)

OK, here's another one...

• enter a Ped. marking in the score editor from the partbox. This appears as a CC#64 event in the event list (or hyperdrw)

• In Logic 8, the value of that CC#64 event is set at 64, but it should be 127

Does Logic 9 do this too?

At a high enough zoom setting in No Overlap drag mode, dragging an audio region to the right so it barely touches another region (and therefore, should shorten) completely deletes said region.

Almost every Logic user I know experiences this. Fixed? That's the only one that completely drives me nuts.

Oh man, I am so glad to hear you say that... well, not glad... well... anyway, this is one of the reasons I can't use Logic when a client is around.

Here's one:

IS UNDO FIXED?

Also, do flattened comps retain track names?

Yup, also WB has DDP export now.

Holy Cow! I asked for this . . um . . 6 years ago! Have you checked yet to see if it supports CD Text?

On the subject of things fixed in Logic 9, can someone see if the ability to open various windows as float was restored? We lost some of this from 7 to 8.

Hi, what about the "ghost audio" that appears when you bounce a track or teh song, I mean the audio that pops just before the region starts to play, that one really drives me crazy because I would need to bounce again and pray that this time will be "clean"

Hi, what about the "ghost audio" that appears when you bounce a track or teh song, I mean the audio that pops just before the region starts to play, that one really drives me crazy because I would need to bounce again and pray that this time will be "clean"

I believe that's a 3rd party plug-in problem, not a Logic one as such. So the only way it will get "fixed" is when everbody program the plug-ins correctly with the required reset parameter.

At a high enough zoom setting in No Overlap drag mode, dragging an audio region to the right so it barely touches another region (and therefore, should shorten) completely deletes said region.

Almost every Logic user I know experiences this. Fixed? That's the only one that completely drives me nuts.

I thought I was the only one with that problem. Now I feel better :)

- just to confirm:

Bars 1 - 120 - Loads of manual tempo changes, curves etc. When I get to bar 125, I want to 'set beat' and then beatmap a load of hitpoints over the next 30 bars. So you're saying I can do this without erasing all the tempo events in bars 1-120?

If this is true - then I'll be exceedingly happy. One more reason to look forward to my Logic 9 delivery tomorrow!

It seems that the audio editing bug where by adjusting the end point of an audio region you would delete the following one has been fixed!!!!

the Undo seems to be a lot better but still a little too soon to tell

Here's one that almost got fixed

I had high hopes that there was going to be a way to get a software instrument track to stay armed and active while I was making adjustments to other tracks and instruments. Every other DAW allows for this. It is an important function when tracking multiple players and trying to get a monitor mix up and just working in general

There should be a way to make the record status of any track, including software instruments stay in record until you actually take it out of record. It’s an age old tried and proven set up for all other recording devices.

Well, The new manual sort of acts like they fixed this situation and they sort of did. You can now select some audio tracks without causing the armed software inst. to jump out of record, as long as you’re recording. But what about while doing a run-through. I once again find myself in the embarrassing situation of having the keyboard player’s sound constantly dropping out as I make adjustments to the mix.

WORSE!! and this may be intended but it seems more like a BUG. When you mute or solo an audio, aux, or midi track. LP9 now selects the channel. LP8 did not exhibit this behavior, So now there are even more opportunities for the armed midi track to “pop” out of record in a crucial situation.

This “not staying armed problem” may not be of much consequence those of you who are doing a one man operation. Because in order to make adjustments you would generally stop playing or recording anyway.

I am mostly an engineer/producer so the bulk of my recording involves other players. In my situation I expect and am expected to take an active roll in recording and setting up and adjusting the mixer so the players can hear what is being played and get comfortable. This ongoing limitation makes that portion of my job much more difficult.

ML

I believe that's a 3rd party plug-in problem, not a Logic one as such. So the only way it will get "fixed" is when everbody program the plug-ins correctly with the required reset parameter.

Maybe you're right, that only happens to me with amplitube indeed. Too bad because I really like the way it sounds. Hopefully the new amp designer will be as good as amplitube or guitar rig (sound quality of course)

Thanks man

Maybe you're right, that only happens to me with amplitube indeed. Too bad because I really like the way it sounds. Hopefully the new amp designer will be as good as amplitube or guitar rig (sound quality of course)

Thanks man

I'm a little confused by this take on the "ghost audio."

None of my other DAWs do this, and I use the same 3rd party plugins in each of them (Ableton Live, Sonar, Project 5). Even back when using Cubase, I never got this sort of thing.

Why only Logic if it's the plugins fault?

Not to be dismissive. I'm actually very curious about it.

I always thought it was data that was left in some Core Audio buffer.

But obviously I've never seen the code. And to be fair only Ableton Live supports/supported AU plugins out of the DAW list above.

Perhaps plugins aren't using some "reset" parameter, but that still pass AU validation?

- zevo

Really? Geez, maybe my problem was PODFarm then (the only 3rd party plug I had used on a recent project). That plug in is dodgy at the best of times, I'll be glad to get rid of it.

Yes, an interesting one that. Been playing with Logic 9 for a while today and whilst that seems to have improved with certain plugins, others that were fine before now seem to suffer and vice versa! I could be wrong, but spectrasonics omnisphere was good with that before and now it hangs in the buffer whereas rob papen predator was awful, now seems to be good! Is there not a set of parameters these programmers have to follow? I can guarantee, if they were submitted to the 'app store' and did not comply, they would not be up for sale. Wish there was a standard practice.

Wish there was a standard practice.

There is. But writing these plug-ins is no picnic and it's easy to overlook certain details like that. Developers don't always exercise their plug-ins under all the various workflows with all the different hosts.

Wish there was a standard practice.

There is. But writing these plug-ins is no picnic and it's easy to overlook certain details like that. Developers don't always exercise their plug-ins under all the various workflows with all the different hosts.

Fair enough. It was hard to get used to when I switched from Cubase, but as I've been using Logic for a while now it's just one of those things you get acquainted with and work around. Not really an issue for me as such.

I'd like to know if the markers text problem got fixed in Logic 9 ?

The problem is, if you have a lot of text in a Marker, and you forget to hold

the option key when double-clicking the marker to open the text editing

window, Logic8 would auto delete all of the text except the first line and if

the first line was a long line of text, Logic 8 would auto delete most of the line.

Please see the attached image.

That is "Before".

Bit if you didn't hold Option key the "After would be pretty much no text there.

My question is, if you are in Logic9 and have lots of text in a Marker (must be in a marker) if you double-click on it with no Option key, does the text get deleted ?

Please try it and post back.

MarkersTextFixedInL9question.gif.cddfff83d4e01a5c0e7600c3cc685ed9.gif