Default Sample Rate to 48K???

Dizzi45Z

I have noticed that every time I start a new project, the sample rate starts at 44.1 K. I would like it to default to 48K. I have looked through the menus and I can not find where to set this, only where to change the current project to the sample rate of my choice. Is there an option to set my default sample rate?

• 1 year later...
Sorry for bumping such an old thead... but what is the name of the default template name?

My Blank New Session.logic ?

You can give it any name you want, and select the default template you want to use:

in Preferences > General > Project Handling, set the Startup Action to Create New Project Using Default Template. Then under "Default Template" below, click Choose and select your desired template. From now on, that template will open at startup.

You can give it any name you want, and select the default template you want to use:

in Preferences > General > Project Handling, set the Startup Action to Create New Project Using Default Template. Then under "Default Template" below, click Choose and select your desired template. From now on, that template will open at startup.

Thanks David for you answer.

I already have my templates at 48. At the start of logic I have the menu for choosing what I wish to do, which is fine.

The problem is when I open OMf files. they always open at 44.1 no matter what.

If I change the default project the way you say, and loose the startmenu which I like, will my OMFs open at 48 or 44?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I notice that my projects have a default sample rate setting of 96khz, which I think is pretty strange. I may have somehow permanently set this somewhere in the past but I can't figure out how to undo it since project settings are their own thing. If i change it to 44.1khz and then close Logic and restart, it defaults back to 96khz.

I have logic set to "Do Nothing" when opening and I often option-click "New" from the file menu when creating blank projects to play around with. Isn't there a way to make it revert back to a default sample rate of 44.1khz without having to create a new project template and start up that way?

Nevermind, I just solved my own problem.

I most certainly changed the default sample rate to 96khz in the past, for whatever reason.

I fixed this issue by changing Logic's default opening behavior to "Create new project using default template" which then opens up the template chooser window. It's there that you can then set your default project settings. So I changed it back to 44.1khz and saved. I then went back to change the default opening behavior to "do nothing".

• 5 years later...
yes.

1. Create a new blank session.

2. Change project to 48k.

3. File, Save as template, My Blank New Session.

Done.

Maestro2be

GREAT!!!!

The problem is when you hit new from menu. With this name "My Blank New Session" you can save this setting for Logic menu "New".

Best!

• 1 year later...

To bring this thread up to date.

This is how you change the actual new empty project default sample rate without making a new template.

When you create new project click the details arrow at the bottom left corner of the window. change the sample rate there to whatever you want the default to be then when you create a new empty project. it will remember that setting as the default and next time you create a new empty session the sample rate will be what ever you set it to last time in the open window

cheers

gm