Making my own "Tuplets" groove template

jolsenvincen

As some of you may know there an quantize option for tuplets in the quantize value tab.

You got some presets you can choose from, but off course i want to make my own.

I was wondering how i could make this happen.

I was thinking of a "6-Tuplet/4".

There is probably a easy tool for this just can't seem to find it.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,

Jolsen

Either record or step enter the rhythm you want. The note pitches are irrelevant just the timing (and velocity if you wish). 2 - 4 bars is probably the best length to work with but you can use regions of any length.

Once you have the region sounding correctly rhythm wise just select it and click on the quantise menu in the region parameter box. At the bottom of the list there is an option to 'Make Groove Template'. Your groove will now appear in the list of quantise options so give the region a descriptive name beforehand.

At this point I usually hide the region but it has to remain in the project for the groove template to work.

It's a lot more straightforward than that long winded explanation would make it seem.

HTH,

Alan.

Either record or step enter the rhythm you want. The note pitches are irrelevant just the timing (and velocity if you wish). 2 - 4 bars is probably the best length to work with but you can use regions of any length.

Once you have the region sounding correctly rhythm wise just select it and click on the quantise menu in the region parameter box. At the bottom of the list there is an option to 'Make Groove Template'. Your groove will now appear in the list of quantise options so give the region a descriptive name beforehand.

At this point I usually hide the region but it has to remain in the project for the groove template to work.

It's a lot more straightforward than that long winded explanation would make it seem.

HTH,

Alan.

He Alan,

Thanks for helping me. But that's kind of a small part of what like to realize, but i think that has to do more with my explaining. ;)

I want in some kind of way to put 6 notes equally spaced in 1 bar. I set down with my calculator for a moment but couldn't really get results.

I had my grid resolution on 16th

Knowing that in 1 bar are 16 x 16th notes.

Dividing that by that number of notes i wanted to have in my bar (6 notes).

I would get to a number of 2,6.

This is the length of 1 note.

Of course your wondering what 0,6 note would look like on the piano roll.

Therefor your would have to work on a much higher grid resolution.

To not have to work with numbers after the comma.

I was hoping i could let logic do all this calculating and measuring for me, maybe set up a transform window.

Hope you can still help me,

Thanks anyway!

Cheers,

Jolsen

Jolsen,

6 equal notes in a bar of 4/4 is one of Logic's built-in quantize grids, so it sounds like you're trying to reinvent the wheel here.

But suppose you wanted, say, 11 equal notes in the space of a half note. Just enter 11 ordinary quarter notes and trim the region so there's no blank space at the start or the end. Then option-drag the right edge to shrink the region down to the length of exactly a half note. This gives you a region on which you can base the new groove template.

But suppose you wanted, say, 11 equal notes in the space of a half note. Just enter 11 ordinary quarter notes and trim the region so there's no blank space at the start or the end. Then option-drag the right edge to shrink the region down to the length of exactly a half note. This gives you a region on which you can base the new groove template.

Brilliant! Thanks.

Jolsen,

this is even easier than i thought, thanks man!