Logic 9 can't play my Addictive Drums....why???

Logicno8

I use to type drum patterns in Addictive Drums while I was using Logic Express 8. Now I switched to LOGIC PRO 9 and when I installed Addictive Drums I can see them as a plug-in and I can open them but there is NO SOUND. I have no idea what is wrong. So I went to AU Menager and there it says that Addictive drums are SUCCESSFULLY VALIDATED and it's checked in the LOGIC field but it's not checked in the NODES filed and can't be. What are nodes ? Does this has anything to do with my problem? And how to connect them ? :-(

AD is my favourite drum plug in, help...

Thanks in advance.

When I opene Addictive Drums I can see a wholle drum set and when I press any kit piece I shioliud hear clear sound of that piece but there is no sound. When I play loops midi loops from Addictive Drums I can't hear a thing. There is no any signal, any sound form, nothing. Like nothing is happening, while other virtual instruments work just good....What it could be? :-(

Thanks

No it shoud make sounds when I press drum pieces. And there is no any sound in any octave. I used it before so it should be making sounds when drum pieces are played.

I guess that I sholud re-install the wholle app.....

Thanks on suggstion...I'm not sure...I'm using same system Leopard 10.5.8 and Logic 9 is instaled 2 days ago...the same version of Adictive Drums worked fine earlier...hmmmm

@Logicno8,

People in this forum are very happy to help, but that can change when people feel you don't want to take an effort yourself, and just rely on other people to help you out.

Since I am sure you have a legal copy of AD, perhaps you can DL a installation manual. Also, try search the Logic Manual for the word Node.

Comes down to: RTFM (If you have to ask, ask google)

Its amazing how you will find answers very fast, without bothering people on this forum.

@Logicno8,

Comes down to: RTFM (If you have to ask, ask google)

Its amazing how you will find answers very fast, without bothering people on this forum.

No offense meant, but it is very easy to forget that quite a lot of people have a limited ability to read/write in the English language.. and so telling people to RTFM when in fact there is no such manual in their own language, can be a less than helpful bit of advice in certain circumstances/situations.

Being an Ex-Brit now living in the US, I am painfully aware how easy it is for me to assume that everyone speaks and/or understands the same language and that language is English. Heck.. I have had a hard time understanding American - English let alone something like Spanish.... Dutch.... Whatever!

Let us not forget the early attempts by companies such as Roland, Yamaha and Korg at translating their equipment manuals from Japanese to Japlish.

One fine example would be the name of a very popular, at the time, percussion sound/preset which got translated into "most happy Handcrap sound"

Let's hear it for the happy handcrap sound folks.....

:)

Hi Nigel,

I am not offended by your statement at all, but why would you think this is a language problem?

1 I have read another thread started by the OP, that was a question (rant) about solo mode.

In that it seemed logic (logical thinking) was the problem, not language.

http://logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=51927

2 Answers in this forum are still in English, so that's the same as the manual.

If the OP rather has answers in Greek, Latin or Swahili, perhaps there are fora for that?

If his question was: I don't understand what this text in the manual means, Yes, I fully agree.

Problem with the OP is that he wants help in this order:

1 Video Tutorials

2 Help from other users

3 ?

4 ?

5 Manual (Could be optimistic)

Read the other post, you will see.

I'm simply stating that you should first RT(F)M before asking help here.

People are putting in time to think with you. That is amazing.

But, one should feel a bit reluctant to bother people without good reason.