Recorded regions appears as an empty one !!??

mikeebruno

I don't have that problem here.

More info would help...Please add your Logic version and system info to your signature: Read Me Before Posting - Forum Guidelines (#5)

By any chance did you change anything at all on your system since the upgrade? Is the project on the same hard drive?

Or could it be that your zoom level is simply too small? Have you tried zooming vertically? What about your zoom waveform button?

3 things:

First try to refresh the audio view (Options>Audio>refresh view)

If that works, then you can do one or both of the following:

Follow these instructions (courtesy Eriksimon on the apple forum)

0. Export your custom Key Commands (if you have any) from the Key Command window

1. Quit Logic.

2. Find the file com.apple.logic.pro.plist here: 'yourdisk'/Users/'you'/Library/Preferences/

3. Drag it to the Desktop

4. Start Logic. It'll create a fresh .plist file. Now see if your problem is gone or not. If it is, you can trash the .plist file on the desktop. If it isn't, you can quit Logic and put the old .plist file back if you want.

That has worked for a lot of people, and one guy decided to figure out why it worked. He came up with:

Check your recording delay under preferences>audio. If it is set too high, that can reportedly cause what you describe. (courtesy Doru54 on apple forum).

• 1 month later...

Want to revisit this again - if we could.

I have started noticing the same problem - its very annoying when working with clients and tracking on the fly.

1st - I only have this issue when I am recording from an aux channel.

(for example - I track guitar, one track is recording the dry signal - (which is being sent to amplitube2 on the aux - // the output of the aux channel is set to a bus - and then a stereo track is record enabled with its input set to the effected signal.)

Interestingly - the dry guitar works perfectly everytime - the audiowave shows up fine -every time - Typically Audio-Refresh-Overviews - will get the remaining audio files to show up - but in the past week - ive noticed that several files wont refresh - the audio is there.... but notinh visible.

I've tried creating a new track - and then pulling the wave out of the Bin, to see if that would resolve - but no luck.

If I bip the region - the new track will show normal - but as there are lots of gtr edits to do - thats not an option.

So from my experience - this seems to completely stem from audio tracks whose record inputs are assigned to AUX channels.

I have not tried the plist solution - but thought we could reopen this discussion - as it seems a viable concern for us.

running logic 9.1 / Mac OS 10.5 / 2.8 Dual Quad Core

MOTU PCI-e 424 / 2408 mkIII, 24i/o, 308, 2xApogee Rosetta 800

Dangerous 2BUS

I've had the same issue with tracks that are recorded from AUX's. I tried the Plist solution and it didn't work in my situation. Tracks play back and are recorded fine but the overview just doesn't get drawn unless I open it in the sample editor and use the refresh overview option.

I did try David's suggestion of zooming the track all the way in horizontally and when it's almost 100% the waveform does appear. ODD... :roll: What would that indicate?

It seemed like in Logic 8 I had this issue but when I reopened the project all the wave forms would get redrawn and everything would appear.

BTW, my recording Dly is set to 0 so at least in my situation that's not an applicable fix either.

Just adding my 2 cents..

• 3 months later...

I recently had the same problem and none of the above fixes worked.

I'm on a power pc G5 using logic 9.0.1 and protools 8 with an HD2 accell system.

I'm writing this for the next poor sap to say that this was fixed (for me) by finding and installing the Protools 8.0.1 **CS2** update.

Prior to that, I investigated delay settings, disk permissions, preference files, different combinations of audio drivers, the waveform zoom button and all kinds of other voodoo. Good luck if this sounds like you! best, Nathan

I'm still having the issue - again only when I am recording from a bus.

Mainly I have noticed this when using amplitube or line 6's podfarm platinum.

Sometimes refreshing audio overview from the menu makes the audio file appear - sometimes not.

I've recently been using the refresh audio overview from the wave editor and this seems to work "every time" all of the time.

just thought i'd throw that in there.

• 7 months later...

I have experienced this problem in several iterations of software and hardware. If memory serves, every time I have fixed it, it's been one of the following:

1. A permissions problems which may prevent Logic from writing the waveform overview to disk. In this case, simply running Disk Utility may not help. Strangely, setting permissions in the finder can be spotty too. So if you aren't comfortable chmod'ing the folder/drive yourself, Batchmod is a useful app which does a good job of it. In my experience, it's easy, quick, and painless, but of course if anything goes wrong, you won't come yelling at me because you will have backed everything up first;)

2. A failing hard drive (system or recording)

3. Some other mysterious software/hardware incompatibility. I don't see your hard/software info but as I mentioned earlier in the thread, using one of digi's CS releases took care of it for me last time. (I'm on a PT HD2 Accell system). 

Refreshing the overviews after each take is a band-aid solution at best -particularly given the fact that this otherwise, seemingly-annoying hiccup *may* signal a more serious problem

Refreshing the overviews after each take is a band-aid solution at best -particularly given the fact that this otherwise, seemingly-annoying hiccup *may* signal a more serious problem

While it seems you have some extenuating circumstances, for most users if they need to do the "refresh overview" it is because the recording delay is set too high. Since last summer I've seen this dozens of times. Occasionally it is the zoom (there was one here recently) but mostly it is the delay setting. On the apple forum I've bookmarked a thread with the details because it comes up so frequently. Your case is the first I've been aware of that this wasn't the solution, so it's good to know there can be other causes (not good that there are other issues - but good to be aware of them).

This was the case for me. Set my recording delay samples to zero and the problem is now gone. Preferences--Audio--Recording Delay--(0) Samples = fixed

The Recording Delay slider isn't something you just set where you want to.

It should be set where it needs to be.

In a perfect world, that is zero......but alas the world is not perfect.

Below are two methods of detecting and compensating the Recording Delay.

http://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=22161&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=recording+delay&start=0

http://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?p=284790#284790

• 3 years later...