Logic/OMS/FreeMidi/Blue and White G3's, G4's and Motu MTP AV

Matchless

Ok so I know this forum is for Pro 7, but I thought this might help some of those like myself who aren't to 7 yet and have had problems with Logic and OMS/Freemidi and their midi setup.

After muching searching and frustration in trying to setup my midi with Logic and a Motu MTP AV, I found on Motu's sight the following regarding their MTP AV and Logic/OMS.

http://www.motu.com/techsupport/technotes/document.2000-04-14.9182637522/view?searchterm=

This maybe common knowledge to others, but I found the reason why Logic/OMS wouldn't recognize my MTP and subsequent midi devices was that I had installed FreeMidi before installing OMS. Yes you must use both FreeMidi and Oms with Logic and the MTP. "There are components in the FreeMIDI install that need to go into OMS folder of the system folder (the MOTU OMS driver and the MOTU OMS USB driver). With these components present, you should be able to scan for the MOTU MIDI interface in the studio menu/MIDI cards and interfaces selection. Or when running OMS for the first time."

I sincerely hope this helps someone else with the same issues. I've made multiple calls, had other Logic users over to try to troubleshoot and read several other forums in a search for the answer to this problem. Hope someone else can benefit from my troubles.

Now to tackle the enviroment. I think I'm finally on my way!

Yeah I'm seeing midi now from my controller to the MTP, and the input keyboard on my click/ports level is sending info to my sound module. I'm not sure how to set up the enviroment so that the controller is talking to the sound module etc...

Anyone able to walk me through setting up the enviroment for my setup?

I'm using a K-2000 for controller,

JV-2080 as sound module and would also like to setup a drum map.

The K-2000 is on input 1 of the Motu MTP

JV2080 is on input 2.

I'd appreciate any help.

-p

Well, definitely read that thread again for details on how to create and setup your multi-instruments. Create multi-instruments for both the K2000 and the JV.

Once you've done that, you should be able to just select one of the JV's tracks (sub-instruments) and play it on your keyboard.

Multi's for both were created. Do they need to be routed to anything?

Multi's for both were created. Do they need to be routed to anything?

You don't actually need to use a cable to cable them into anything. Simply set their "Port" parameter to the output (on the midi interface) used by the corresponding hardware synth.

Yeah all of that has been done.