how to increase the gain of wav file

saivanidigital

How to increase the gain of audio without mentioning the db levels..

That is to increase gain by seing the image of the audio file...like in cubase or nuendo where jus selectin the audio file and if u drag up the ain increases correspondingly..

Is there any feature in logic like that

2.I also want to know how to use fade ins and fade out easily..

I hav Logic studio 8

There's no such feature in Logic. I haven't used that feature so I haven't gotten used to it, but I don't feel the need for it. First of all I prefer to manage levels with non-destructive solutions (gain plug-ins, level fader on channel strip or inside plug-ins). Second, as far as the waveform is concerned.. I generally try to use and trust my ears more than my eyes. If you need to zoom on the waveform you can use the waveform zoom.

What are you trying to accomplish?

If I get what ur saying there actually is, bottom right of the edit screen just left of the horizontal zoom slider is a wave image, click and hold on it and a gain bar will appear allowing you to raise it up and this makes the audio image bigger.

That's the waveform zoom I was mentioning. The OP wants to affect the gain of the audio file.

• 11 years later...
This looks like what I'm currently trying to do. I have a few vocal takes I want to comp, but I'd like to get them all to approximately the same volume before I start so I don't have such a job on my hands when I come to automating the final version. To that end, I would like to make all the waveforms the same size. Is that possible?

Logic has no "Clip gain envelope" like in some other softwares. But even though I would like to see something similar in Logic, you don`t really need it. For example automation works well in Logic – use volume automation instead of "Clip gain envelope." And as someone already mentioned here, non-destructive solution is better in most cases.

In a recent project I used Flex Pitch to tune pitch but also fine tune the gain of the individual note "beams"…mostly by reducing the gain of ones that stuck out.

I found this a good bit quicker than using automation…not to mention the changes occur before the vocal hits any plugins on the track, mainly compressors.

Yes, ability to change individual region gains makes workflow a bit faster, true.

But to use it as a "lookahead" function is new to me. You can use also transient designer for that. I use quite much transient designer for a different tasks.

Logic has no "Clip gain envelope" like in some other softwares. But even though I would like to see something similar in Logic, you don`t really need it. For example automation works well in Logic – use volume automation instead of "Clip gain envelope." And as someone already mentioned here, non-destructive solution is better in most cases.

Region Gain is in fact non-destructive. Also, it happens before all plugins while Volume Automation happens after all plugins. This will give drastically different results when dealing with dynamic plugins.

You can get kind of a gain envelope by using cuts and crossfades between differently gained Regions of the same source audio.

"Region Gain is in fact non-destructive. Also, it happens before all plugins while Volume Automation happens after all plugins. This will give drastically different results when dealing with dynamic plugins."

Ok, never realized that, good to know.